Old Scubapro Picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

selytch

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone recognizes this reg, what model is it and is it worth buying it?
The metal second stage looks very nice...
a5_12.JPG

b0_12.JPG

I really like the way it looks, and $100 (with old gauges) seems OK price.
How many LP ports are there, 4, if i'm not mistaken?

is what im still diving mark 5 r109 second stage,beats the pants off the plastic regs,all parts are still available for it.

selytch:
I really like the way it looks, and $100 (with old gauges) seems OK price.
How many LP ports are there, 4, if i'm not mistaken?

yours looks like mine, 4 LP and 2 HP

edit: not sure but closer look at your pic shows it may have additional LP port in top, heard that port provides best performance it so.

Buy it, you won't regret it. It is as good or better than anything made today.

If you are interested, this is a nice regulator. The second stage mechanism can also be upgraded, from what I remember, if it is not a balanced second stage. And yes, the top port does provide noticably better performance in deeper water or under higher demand, as the straight thourgh flow reduces turbulence in the LP chamber and line.

SeaRat

$100 seems a bit high but if it is guarranteed to work and guages a good quality with good hoses, it may be worth it. If it has a current service, then it is well worth the $100.

i think you can upgrade the first stage to a mark 10 also,im going to look into that for mine,i dont know how much performance you will gain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom