Tell me about Leisurepro.com please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandnew2Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Thanks for all the advice on Joe Diver for everyone that offered some. I checked out Scuba Toys, but they really don't have anywhere near the selection of Joe Diver. Someone suggested Leisurepro.com and I checked it out. They had much lower prices than Joe Diver and the same great selection if not more. So I was hoping people that have ordered from Leisurepro.com could tell me about their experience with the site as well as with the gear. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Brandnew,

I'm generally very reluctant to say this, but go to the forum menu bar where it says "Search" and type in "Leisurepro" and run the search mechanism . . . .

I promise you, you'll find more information on Leisurepro that you ever wanted to read.

There is really no benefit in starting yet another thread about Leisurepro.

the K

ScubaToys carries a lot more than what's on the site. If you know what you want a call can be worthwhile. If you're not sure they are really helpful. We have done good business with them.

We have also done business with Leisurepro. They have been good to us but it's best that you realy know what you need and want. In many cases they are not authorized dealers and inventory may lack details such as an english manual or even factory packaging. In some cases they can only offer their own warranty. Selection and pricing is attractive and the website is by far the mort sophisticated in the business. My dealings have been mostly on accesory items.

I have not used Joe Diver.

Proximity for the sake of shipping (especially if there is a problem) is someting to watch. Asking for a price match can't hurt either.

Pete

I highly suggest you doing a search on Leisure Pro. You will have more info on LP than you will EVER want or need. This may be the most frequently asked questions on this board. Good luck and WELCOME!

Now to your question...I have ordered from them many times and have always been very pleased. As for other posters opinions, I suggest you ignore them if they come from someone who hasn't personally ordered from them. Some will give honest and un-biased feedback and some simply can't becasue of a relationship they have with a LDS or insider that has convinced them that buying online is an evil thing to do. That said, you may find some great LDS's in your area that can match LP prices and also offer a wonderfull relationship that can last a lifetime. In the end, the decision is yours. Let the discussion conitinue...LOL. I have done a little of both.

Sorry everyone, new2messageboards as well as Scuba.

No problem . . .

And, by the way . . . . "WELCOME TO THE SCUBABOARD!!!!"

the K

I’m new to the board too so if this post is unwelcome I apologize. So far I have spent about a grand at LeisurePro over 6 months (in six separate shipments) and have loved everything I received. I have called them three times to update/change my order to include bags, zipties, and things like that and their customer service was great. On one occasion my order was delayed because the service rep “left it open” after I called. I called back to complain and LeisurePro upgraded my shipping to next day (from second day) and refunded the entire cost of shipping without any hassle what so ever. I can’t really say much about the nitty gritty products because everything I’ve purchased has been name brand stuff. Here is my major purchased items list if it helps:

ScubaPro “Twin Speed” Open Heal Fin (2 sets)
ScubaPro Crystal VU Single Lens Mask w/purge
Mares Demon Mask
Mares Avanti Quattro Open Heal Fins
Mares Stream Dry Snorkel (3 sets)
Mares Proton Octopus
Mares V-16 Proton XL Regulator
Mares Mission 3 Compact Three Gauge Console

Everything came packed tight in factory sealed packaging with full receipts, mail away warranty cards, manuals, service record sheets, and original owner identification cards (on the reg set). I don’t want to sound like I work for them, but as a web programmer I simply appreciate their organization. I spent about three hours browsing the site and setup a wish list that I constantly refer back to for future purchases.

After perusing the Scubatoys website for a while I can tell you that my next purchase (BCD in October) will come from that site. While the prices are exactly the same on the bc’s, Scubatoys has the limited edition morphos metal tech bcd and leisurepro doesn’t. That alone gets my bid.

Although I bought my gear from the LDS, my husband did buy some of his (to my dismay--over warrantees) from LP (I am just against buying 'life support' online--I like to see, touch and be able to go to the storefront if something is wrong). We had no problems with any part of the transaction. Took his gear in to have it 'looked over' and everything was great. We did order an infared device from them and had to return it, once again, no problems. Hope this helped in your decision.

To summarize some of the other threads...

Leisure Pro has some of the best pricing out there, however, much of what they sell is Grey Market, and so comes with no warranty from the manufacturer, and sometimes without an English manual. Leisure Pro makes up for this by offering their own warranty. However, with their warranty, you need to send the item back to them in NYC to repair or replace.

There are other Internet retailers, notably on this board Scuba Toys, that are authorized distributors of what they sell, so you do get the manufacturer's warranty and what you purchase can be worked on by any authorized repair agency.

Finally, there's the Local Dive Shop (LDS). Many people argue you should purchase your gear here, so that the shop remains around to service you in the future. Plus you get your hands on the gear and can try it out without having to ship it back and forth. Pricing varies a lot, some aren't far off from the Internet authorized dealers, so are way above them. Some you can neogiate with, some you can't.

Most of the threads end up with people arguing over the ethics of buying from someplace other than your LDS, or debating the importance of the manufacturer's warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom