Voyager Scooter Flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolfpack

Registered
Reaction score
Three years ago I bought a voyager dpv and as soon as I received it the scooter flooded the engine compartment, the guage had condensation and the battery life was short. I called the company who sold it to me and they told me to ship it to the manufacturer which I did and the scooter was fixed and Aeries told me obviously it was there mistake and the shipped it back.

I only do boat dives on my boat in socal. Went diving this weekend and During the trip I noticed condenstation on the guage which went away after I got back. I senced a problem and tore downt he scooter tonight and found a flooded engine compartment. I noticed that a green wire was also pinced in two places, and see that although parts of the wire appear hot glued to inside sompartment, obviously the factory had again assembled the scooter wrong and pinched a green wire in the oring seal. I do know that this area has a double seal and qutie frankly I do not know where the source of the leak is, but for starters I want to let you know that there is/was a problem in your assembly line - just thought you should know.

Well now to the point - I now have a flooded motor, there was about 3 ounces (?) of water in the housing. Not knowing what to do I rinsed the motor in Fresh water (I do know salt water is obviously not good) and I also see that the Aluminum part of the housing that the motor attaches has corrosion, the corrosion is in the area where the rubber boot that contains the round white ceramic seal is located. I do not know what to do from this point forward.

I am assuming that the coorosion might keep the rubber boot from sealing going forward, and should someone take a look at the motor?

Can I send this to Aeries and have this fixed? Can I talk to someone or send them pics to get a quote?

THANKS !!!!

Karl
kwolfslau@hotmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom