Oceanic Pro Plus - identical dive numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orval

New
Reaction score
I just discovered that on my new Pro Plus I have two different dives ... and both have number 1.

Just to verify if I wasn't seeing ghosts I downloaded the dives to the OceanLog and indeed ... now I have 2 dives with number 1.

How do I interpret this ?

Is it due to the memory within the Pro Plus beening full and its now using the oldest dive for new dives. My Veo will do this (I hope!) for example you have a memory of 15? dives which you did last month, this month you get to your 16th. it will replace dive #1 from last month with a new #1 this month. I don't know the specs for the Pro Plus, so I could be wrong...

Your computer probably works the same way my much older Data Plus works ----- dive numbers restart with each new day.

In other words, the first dive of the day will alway be #1.
This is true even on a multiday trip where the surface interval is less than 24 hours.

Charlie99 is right, however, once you download to Oceanlog, it shouldn't show still as dive #1, but instead whatever dive it actually is. Weird....

No...my pro plus 2 works for the dives each day...for example. Today I dive 3 dives. It'll show as dive # 3, 2, 1 (most recent to oldest)....then in 2 weeks, I dive 2 dives. It'll show up as # 2, 1 and then show #3 , 2, 1 from 2 weeks ago...

Right now, my log shows as #2, 1, (from yesterday), 2, 1, (from end of July), 3, 2, 1 (from mid July)...

Makes sense?

In looking at our Oceanlog, it shows "Lifetime dive #" and "PDC Dive #". The lifetime dives start and 1 and go forward from there with new dives being added on numerically. The PDC Dive # is numbered 1 to however many dives you did before your computer turned off. Once the computer turns off, the PDC Dive # starts again at 1. Does that make sense?

DiveMaven:
In looking at our Oceanlog, it shows "Lifetime dive #" and "PDC Dive #". The lifetime dives start and 1 and go forward from there with new dives being added on numerically. The PDC Dive # is numbered 1 to however many dives you did before your computer turned off. Once the computer turns off, the PDC Dive # starts again at 1. Does that make sense?

This is what I've seen as well. The PDC #s are per activation
period not per day. i.e. PDC #1 is the first dive after you turn
it on, and the number increases for each dive you make until
the dive computer turns itself off.
Next time you turn it back on, you will get PDC #1 again
and so on.

So if you are on a dive trip and do a dive at least every 24 hours,
the PDC # is essentially the dive # for the tip.

--- bill

Orval:
I just discovered that on my new Pro Plus I have two different dives ... and both have number 1.

Just to verify if I wasn't seeing ghosts I downloaded the dives to the OceanLog and indeed ... now I have 2 dives with number 1.

How do I interpret this ?

Orval,

The Pro Plus shows dives under number 1 but if you check each screen you will see that each one has a different date and time. This is because the Pro Plus log all dives by day not as a lifetime counter.

Thanks guys, yes I believe that it's not a memory thing (I don't have enough dives for that to be happening).

The two dives with number 1 indeed have a different date, so that's it.

Thanks for pointing that out !

DiveMaven:

Not really a matter of turning off/on.

As long as your nitrogen is not zeroed you are on consecutive dives this is why its numbering will NOT reset to dive 1.

If you happen to dive twice a day for a month your last dive will be #60.

If it stays on for a long while (keep it in fresh water bucket) you will get a new dive #1 as soon as it computes you are cleared of any residual nitrogen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom