Veo 100nx - manual wrong - or is mine faulty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheTrickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I finally managed to get my new Veo wet this weekend and did a dive to 18m to give it a going over. I read the manual before and after the dive and I'm a little confused to the dive summary and details screen.

On Page 46 of the manual it states:

The first screen (Dive Preview/Identifier) of the most recent dive conducted will appear displaying (Fig. 55) -
  • Log Mode
  • Dive Number (for that activation period)
  • Time of Day, that the dive started (Hour/Minute)

However on my Veo100nx is also shows the temperature (I believe), I have illustrated exactly what my Veo is showing me:

divesummary.gif

As you can see its showing the temperature.

If I press the button to view the Dive Data I should get (according to the manual):

• Log Mode icon
  • Maximum Depth - reached during that dive (and icon)
  • Temperature - minimum during the dive (and icon)
  • Surface Interval - prior to that dive (and icon).
  • Elapsed Dive Time (and icon)
  • VARI - showing the maximum ascent rate maintained for 4 consecutive seconds during the dive.
  • TLBG - showing tissue nitrogen loading at the time you surfaced at the end of the dive. The segment that reflects the maximum loading during the dive will appear flashing.

Again I have illustrated exactly what my Veo is showing me:

divedetails.gif

As you can see the temperature is missing. (and my ascent was a little too quick :no )

Any ideas?

(and please forgive the use of images taken of the pdf version of the manual)

I'm not familiar with Veo, but could yours be set in the gauge mode?

It appears everything there is correct, with the exception that it's in metric. Just kidding. The only problem I saw was that the temp was displayed on screen 1, instead of screen 2. Was there something else?

Between my girlfriend and I, we own and use a Veo180, Veo250, and VT pro. All are almost identical in the display readouts, and operation. Perhaps the temp discrepancy is a owner's manual misprint.

Having the temperature in the second screen will make it too crouded while the first screen is empty. Looks like the software has been updated to provide easier reading after the Manual has been printed.

@ Mr. Fix,

That would make sense, as on the second screen it say "Max" just above the area where the Temperature goes, so could be confusing.

Mr. Fix:
Having the temperature in the second screen will make it too crouded while the first screen is empty. Looks like the software has been updated to provide easier reading after the Manual has been printed.

100% Correct!

In our new validation program for computers it came up in user reports so it was moved.

Thanks Cerich for the confirmation!

Any other changes with the VEO100nx that are new against the manual?

Back
Top Bottom