Good, or just expensive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iAmLevis

Registered
Reaction score
Who here is using the Mares Esa (tech black)? Are they good, or are they just expensive :)

I like the idea of so many windows, but is it just 6-times as many things to leak or fall out?

Just looking for opinions.

Most of the mask failures I have seen have been Mares ESA's. It is more failure points. I have one and I like it, however, I think I've been careful & lucky. I would not get another ESA. A spare mask travels with me so I'll be able to make the next dive.

I used a Mares ESA (clear skirt) for about 2 years. The frames that hold the windows are a failure point, and I had to epoxy a cracked frame.

I swiched to a Cressi Horizon (black skirt) and I am very happy (and the Cressi is about half the price of the ESA).

If you do a search on "Mares ESA" and/or "Cressi Horizon", you will find other threads with a wealth of information.

Back
Top Bottom