Atomic B2 or M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uglyredshoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

Anyone has experience with these 2 regulators?

I dive in warm waters mostly, and not more than 40% nitrox. This suggests i should be getting the B2.

But with the M1/B2 priced the same, and the M1 being rated a better breather on ScubaLab, and suitable for cold water diving.... should i still get the B2?

I suggest checking out the costs involved in servicing etc.

The M1 being environmentally sealed, would most certainly cost more than the B2.

Hello,
Atomic adisor board is here for you - The M1 and B2 are priced the same and both have a 2 year/ 300 dives service interval. Warranty is the same also, - 2 years out of the box -anything goes wrong it's covered and lifetime on all metal components ( for the original owner and you buy through and authorized dealer)
So, your differences come down to the features of the regs:
M1 - nitrox to 50% "back and forth" - 80% dedicated, our "cold water" reg that includes a heat sink on the 2nd stage -
B2 - nitrox to 40% "back and forth" - comes w/ stainless swivel on 2nd stange, solid titanium 2nd stage. You have color choices of blue, gray or yellow.
If you're not diving high concentrations of nitrox than either will work. It's up to your personal preference.
If you have any other questions, you can call Atomic or email me here.
Cheers!
Darcy
Sales Assistant/customer support
Atomic Aquatics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom