VT3 Wrist/Complete Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashmatrix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I'm hoping that I can get someone from Oceanic to step up and help the consumer here. I finally bit the bullet and bought an Oceanic VT3 dive computer from an authorized dealer last week. It was a tough decision. The Grey Market is tempting, but I thought the warranty and support of a great company like Oceanic was worth the extra dollars...

Last week, while I was in LA, I stopped into an authorized Oceanic dealer and bought a VT3. The item was new but was in their display case like every other dive shop I've ever seen. I payed for the computer and they gave me the black plastic case with the computer, (what I thought was) all of the paperwork, and the transmitter.

When I got back to my hotel (40mins away) I was reading the manual which said the computer came with a USB cable and software, which I wasn't given. I called the dive shop back and sure enough, the original box was in the back with the cable and CD in it.

The next day I drove the 80 minute round trip to retrieve the box and cable. Now I'm back home (which is 2000 miles from the dive shop) and I find there is no warranty card in the paperwork. I called the dive shop, they said I just log into Oceanic's website and register it online and I don't need a warranty card. I emailed Oceanic and they say I DO need the warranty card and without it I'm not covered.

It's obvious one of two thing happened here. Either the Dive shop lost the warranty card or Oceanic never put it in the box to begin with. Either way it's not something I should be penalized for. I've emailed Oceanic and they say I'm out of luck without the card. So I'm stuck.

- I have a dated sales reciept from the authorized dealer
- I have the serial number
- I have the equipment
- I have the name of the authorized dealer

How can I get a replacement Warranty card with a warranty card number so I can register the product online, and reap the benefits of not buying it from LeisurePro .

Oceanic stepped up. Within 20 mins of posting I had a rep solve my issue. Kudos and thanks.
Oceanic wins my business.

What more can I say folks!!! Again the best. Hey thanks for the band Doug!!!

Ok, I just discovered that I'm in the same boat. I was in my LDS when mine came in. No warranty paperwork was included with the computer. To my recollection, no warranty paperwork was included with any of the 3 that were ordered by my LDS.

I've been informed by my LDS that the warranty paperwork is not shipped with the Oceanic product and arrives separately. What's the time frame that I should expect the warranty cards to arrive?

diverdown247:
Ok, I just discovered that I'm in the same boat. I was in my LDS when mine came in. No warranty paperwork was included with the computer. To my recollection, no warranty paperwork was included with any of the 3 that were ordered by my LDS.

I've been informed by my LDS that the warranty paperwork is not shipped with the Oceanic product and arrives separately. What's the time frame that I should expect the warranty cards to arrive?

The warranty paperwork is something the dealer should order and have on hand. It is the same form for all our products, it isn't like "oh, he ordered 3 computers, lets send 3 forms", it is more like "Hi Oceanic cust service, this is Bills Scuba, send me 24 warranty registration forms please" and us saying "done" The form is free to the dealers.

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom