Good deal on an Apeks TX100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeekid

New
Reaction score
I just got offered an Apeks TX100 with octo (not sure which one) and a SPG for $300 Canadian.

The dive shop that I belong to says that the regs are in impecable shape.

I do both cold water and warm water diving. I only average around 20 dives a year.

Does anybody think that this is a good deal? Or should I just go for brand new XTXs?

Thanks in advance,

Zee

Actually, it's the TX100 and not the ATX100.

Tamas, don't think it is an ATX, Zee states a TX100 – it sounds like the original top-of-the-line Apeks reg, which was out prior to the ATX, and now XTX, range.

Zee, not really sure how much second-hand stuff goes for in Canada, but $300 sounds a reasonable price for a TX100 with octo (probably a TX40) and SPG. As long as it has been serviced regularly and looked after, it will last a lifetime – my old TX100 has been passed on from me to my wife, when I got my ATX200, and then on to my uncle when I got a Black Pearl ATX200 and passed the normal ATX200 on to my wife.

He is now living in Oz, and the reg is doing sterling service for him out of Perth. It has somewhere in the region of 1,000 plus dives on it, and is still going strong. And it looks like new, apart from the odd scratch here and there on the first stage.

Mark

Yep, you're right, they are identical apart from the different second stage, I just pointed it out as the TX100 is (probably) older than the ATX100, so it would probably command a cheaper price.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom