Thursday 7th September, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hi all, i hope everyone is doing well and making positive changes in their lifestyle!

me - well i fell off the wagon big time this week and was last seen stuffing my face with lots of cadbury chocolate and home baked italain bread with lashings of butter!!!

hmmmm - not a great move BUT i got it out of my system and seem to be back on track now!

depsite this self-sabataging action, i still managed to loose!!

650grms or 1.4lbs so thats 34kgs or 75lbs in total!!!

of course - i have to have a extra good week to make sure all those bad calories dont sneek up on my big fat behind but i keep reminding myself that i have a christmas ball coming up and a dress hanging in the wardrobe, not to forget that i want to be able to wear my wetsuit all summer this year and go diving every weekend!!

which reminds me to remind you - dont forget to set yourself small goals along the way! 5lbs is just as important as 50lbs! so reward yourself in non food ways (says the chocolate freak!) as you deserve acknowledgement for the great work you are doing!

so, exercise challange! i didnt get around to the wall squats this week but i did start back at swimming this week, first time in about 6 weeks i have gone so its going to be twice per week! who else can say they returned to a exercise they havent done in ages? how about skipping if you havent done it since school??

So onwards and downwards to next week!

im ringing the SB Challange bell to call everyone to report their good (and in my case their naughty) week and share with us how you are going and feeling

cheers

Edit: oh, i thought this week i would also show some photos of hubby. the first photo taken in late may and the 2nd taken last week! i see his weight loss around his face and he seems much brighter in health to me.

abc.jpg
abc1.jpg

Good Morning!

Well a good step for me this week I'm down to 183.9, whats that from last week? 1.3lbs lost? :-D

I've rewarded myself (along with an early B'day present) this week - I'm doing the PADI Enriched Air Speciality.

Good shots of Hubby Almity, and we all go south once in a while. Good to see the constant weight loss for both you and Trickster.

I'm stable at 214, so I'm not unhappy with that. It may be my limit, but we'll have to see. This week has been a bit strange. Softball is over, so I added in an extra night of running on Tuesday and did 2.5 miles. Monday was a holiday here, so no training session, but I'm back at it tomorrow. I'll see what new tortures he's devised in the last week.

Keep at it all :D

Hi,
My name is Eric... and I'm an aspartamaholic.:D

I used to drink colas (coke, pepsi) in enormous quantities. Weight gain followed so I switched to diet colas. Now Almytywife, I know you say it's like drinking prestone and I believe ya. My consumption of those evil fluids have reached a summit lately as I would buy 24 packs and drink up to 4-5 cans a day :11:

After seeing your determination, and learning about El Orans Coke challenge, I decided to follow your footsteps. My goal is to reduce my consumption to one (1) can per day and maybe 2 on sundays (sunday is junk food night. We order a restaurant take-out and it's the only day of the week we do it). I have succesfully reached my goal the last week. I drank my diet cola (cheap brand) a day and on sunday, i didnt even want to drink the second one. Now, some days, I dont even remember to drink the one I'm allowed to... and I dont mind at all :).

So now, I will try to repeat this success every week. Eventually, I might even reduce it more but I take it one step at a time. If I keep with it and even reduce more, I might switch back to regular colas since the sugar uptake wouldn't be that high. But I fear the addictive power of HFCS so I will be carefull aboot it :D In fact, i'm not addicted to sugar or aspartame, but i need the bubbles so carbonated water does the job most of the time.

So I know it's not a weight challenge but I just wanted to share.

Cheers

I'm down 1.5 lbs this week. Since the end of 2004, like around November or so, I have lost 40 lbs. Unfortunately there was a lot of yo-yoing going on so I could kick myself because I could have been at my goal by now, which is to lose another 40. But still, I have to feel good about my accomplishments so far.

wardric:
I used to drink colas (coke, pepsi) in enormous quantities. Weight gain followed so I switched to diet colas. Now Almitywife, I know you say it's like drinking prestone and I believe ya. My consumption of those evil fluids have reached a summit lately as I would buy 24 packs and drink up to 4-5 cans a day :11:

After seeing your determination, and learning about El Orans Coke challenge, I decided to follow your footsteps. My goal is to reduce my consumption to one (1) can per day and maybe 2 on sundays (sunday is junk food night. We order a restaurant take-out and it's the only day of the week we do it). I have succesfully reached my goal the last week. I drank my diet cola (cheap brand) a day and on sunday, i didnt even want to drink the second one. Now, some days, I dont even remember to drink the one I'm allowed to... and I dont mind at all :).

So now, I will try to repeat this success every week. Eventually, I might even reduce it more but I take it one step at a time. If I keep with it and even reduce more, I might switch back to regular colas since the sugar uptake wouldn't be that high. But I fear the addictive power of HFCS so I will be carefull aboot it :D In fact, i'm not addicted to sugar or aspartame, but i need the bubbles so carbonated water does the job most of the time.
So far the Coke Challenge has been easy. I promised Almitywife a full week of non-Coke. No big problem. :D

Had a glass of Coke yesterday evening and discovered that it didn't have the same appeal for me as it used to have. :11:

great work everyone!!!

Tricks, happy early birthday!!! good to hear youre already with the reward plan and Colby, great going on the extra run! i think im genetically unable to run, never could so i alway look in envy at those that can do it.

Fairy - excellent work, i hope you are feeling so proud of yourself!!! slow and steady wins the race so youre doing a great job... one meal at a time is my mantra

and my MOF boys! El and Wardric.... great going on the coke detox, now to keep going and not take up the habit.

remember, each can of soda has 38 teaspoons of SUGAR (Eric, would you let your kids drink that much soda!!!) in it alone and yes, the chemicals in the diet stuff are even worse so lets all tell the big corporates that they can stick their drinks and stick to just plain water... we know the worse the fish do is pee in that stuff!

i hope our China SB'er hasnt forgotten us and i think Jenny is still back home visiting the folks but last i heard she was running outside in the wilds and tackling mum and dads 3 sets of stairs

so where is everyone else and WELL DONE TO ALL OF US for doing our best and visualizing a better lifestyle for ourselves!!!

Bad news good news. This week was the last week of weighing in at the gym and while I lost 13 lbs total, this other guy lost 18 so I guess he wins the $200 spa package. Oh well. Even though I'm a loser, I'm still a winner. LOL
In fact, only one other person, who lost 3 lbs. were consistant in getting weighed in. A lot of people started, like may 28 or so, but only the 3 of us stuck with it.

:wave-smil for sticking with it Fairy!!!

yes, you might not have been the biggest looser but a looser you are so be PROUD!! (i could even go so far as to say you will always be a looser to us :) )

heheheheheh, i hope you demanded drug testing for the 18lb'er :D

Checking in! I am here!
I even weighed myself this morning. It was scary stepping on that scale after a week of home cooked food and sweets. I gained only a pound. I normally weigh myself as soon as I get up, but I forgot this morning and weighed myself after my shower. I am hoping to lose it during the week.
I managed to jog 3x while at Mom and Dads. The first day was in the woods, a quick jaunt. It went too fast, so I know it wasn't very far. Nice change of scenery. The air was cool, tears stung my eyes as a truck passed me on the road. I had to pay attention to the loose gravel on the road, and once in the woods, pay attention to the roots and uneven footing. And hills.
Day two, it was drizzling out and I decided to jog anyways. I ran up the 1/2 mile slope to the top of the hill, did a loop around the neighborhood up there then back down. Good jog and I felt great!
Day 3 (Sunday afternoon, after the big shindig the night before) I jogged with my sister, while Mom another sister, brothers, cousins and dogs walked. We would jog a little ways then turn around to meet the walkers, walk, then do it again, and again, and again. It is a mile or so to the foot bridge accross the crick, and yes, there were hills! A couple times Sister was going up a hill and I passed her. Of course it helps that we weren't racing and she didn't know my plans. :D On the way back, I took the lead, starting slow as usual, then slowly sped up. By the end I was running. Whee! Wow! We got back to the parents house at least 20 minutes before everybody else, just to give ya'll an idea of how long the last jog/run was!
Exililariting!
Since then, I have not jogged. Taking a break, trying to catch up on my sleep and give my body a break. Still though, have eaten homemade veggie soup for lunch the past two days, and plan again tomorrow before Saturday's day trip to Key West. Oh, and tonight Hermit Crab and I went for a bike ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom