Grand Sea Serpant - October 19th & 3mm or 5mm/shorite or full

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kasha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
Will be on board the GSS doing 'Simply the Best' on October 19th and just wondered if anyone else onsite doing the same trip; if so it would be great to say hi before the event.

Also; normally go in holiday a little earlier in the year and even though this won't be our 1st trip to Egypt it is a little later than we normally go, so...
normally dive in 3mm shortie and never have a issue with sea temp (apart from Egypt in Feb) so does anyone think I should go thicker and longer or stick with what I know?

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies.
Kasha

I've done three liveaboards around Daedalous, Zabargad, Rocky, Brothers, etc, in October in the past few years and most of the people on board were using 5mm fullsuits. This is mainly because doing three or four dives a day soon cooled your core temperature down, and you can always flush your suit to cool yourself down if you get too hot, but you can't really warm yourself up if you are too cold (and no, the odd pee ain't going to cut it...).

Entirely up to you – you may be a warm-blooded person, just giving you my experiences.

Mark

it depends where you'r going. for northern part 5mm is ok (especially with zipper in front) down south 3mm shorty is ok too. take both along. nothing beats wearing the dry 5mm for your night dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom