Transpac/Stiletto Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am interested in buying a Transplate. I own a Zeagle Stilleto with a 30# wing in good condition. How difficult is it to mount this wing on the Transplate? I would prefer not to have to drill and saw a brand new plate.

If this works, I can put together a BP set up from Leisurepro for $200. Their site states that this includes a set of DR SS tank cam bands. Can this be accurate? It seems too good to be true...

It is too good to be true. Anything you get from LeisurePro may NOT be a genuine Dive Rite product.

If your wing can be mounted onto a backplate, it will work. It doesn't matter what kind of harness you have on your backplate.

Use a Zeagle backplate and harness. You can use your wing and camstraps with it, and it works great. I did the same thing with an Escape wing, and I love it. The plate is already drilled for the Zeagle wings, as well as most others, so it requires no modification. It also works out a lot cheaper, since you don't need an STA.

FishDiver:
I am interested in buying a Transplate. I own a Zeagle Stilleto with a 30# wing in good condition. How difficult is it to mount this wing on the Transplate? I would prefer not to have to drill and saw a brand new plate.

If this works, I can put together a BP set up from Leisurepro for $200. Their site states that this includes a set of DR SS tank cam bands. Can this be accurate? It seems too good to be true...

I also have a Stilleto, and have been thinking along similar lines. The wing Can be mounted on any plate, however you will have to drill some holes. HERE is a kit showing a zeagle BCD wing mounted on a Zeagle BP, note the eight holes that are used to secure the wing.

The only issue maybe if the holes need to be where larger hole are already drilled. See HERE

You may be better off getting the conversion kit from Zeagle, however I bet you can make it work with most plates even if you have to move the holes up/down/in a bit.

Where do you see something that includes the CAM bands on the LP Site. I see the BP for $99, the Transplate Harness for $89, and Cam bands for $50, that is NOT $200 unless I'm missing someting...

RonFrank:
And this advise is based on???

the fact that they are not an authorized dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom