Atom 1.0 Screw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lievenb

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
About a month or 2 ago, I purchased the Atom wrist watch computer over the Internet. No problem there and everything works great.
But a few weeks ago, I noticed that the bottom right screw (holding the wrist strap) is missing. Fortunately the thing doesn't fall apart, but it scares me a little to do any further diving with it. How do I go about to get a replacement screw? (I figure the screwing itself won't be much of a problem...)

Then another thing, I don't consider myself a heavy guy, nor do I have big wrists, but when wearing my wet suit, I can barely close the wrist strap which puts a lot of tension on the strap ofcourse. Are there any replacement straps that are longer? I can hardly imagine no one else has this problem. How does the rest of the world tackle this one?

thanks in advance,

Lieven

Hi Lieven,

Don't know where you live Belgium i guess,but go to a lokal oceanic dealer
they can order it for you,unless Doug or chris say NO.
As for the wristband there should be an extra band in the box.
This is a wristband extender,and then you will have a very long wristband

regards,
Evert

Evert,

Thanks for your reply. (which made me feel stupid of course). So I checked the box and I indeed found the extra strap you mentioned. These Oceanic boys do think of everything...

I'll try to contact the nearest Authorized dealer here in Belgium to find out about the screw. Hopefully that's something that can be ordered. Perhaps somebody knows if these screws are of some generic and fairly common type?

thanks!

Lieven

Hi Lieven,

Remember there are no stupid questions only supid answers :D
If you have any trouble getting that screw, try the Oceanic staff on this board
They give such good customer service I sometimes don't beleave they are still operating as a company:lol:

best,

Evert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom