Help with Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelcbear

Reaction score
Hello Folks:

I’m starting to buy some of my own gear and have a question about configuration. I wear a watch on my left wrist and my dive computer on my right wrist. I would like to wear my compass on my wrist also, but will the magnet in the compass disturb one of the devices if I wear it on one wrist or the other? Does anyone wear multiple devices on each wrist and what has been your experience?

Thanks

Magnetism from a compass is so low it won't affect anything. Matter of fact, many people have consoles with the compass almost right behind the dive computer (myself included). It's not worth worrying about. Since I use a console, I can't really answer the rest of your questions.

I wear my compass on my left wrist and my computer on my right wrist. I don't care for consoles with compasses because they create a big appendage that hangs from you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom