Trouble(d) in Barrie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnSnider

Registered
Reaction score
Well what a pain in the butt!

Zero Gravity (maybe also called "The Wet Shop" ) has been shut down for not paying rent. The store is still there "full" but the doors have been shut since the beginning of September!

Damn, I've still got to do my O/W dives for my certification.

Does anyone know any of the instructors that worked there? I took the classroom stuff in April. My instructor was an army guy but do you think I can remember his name! Damn again. PADI is trying to help my out (which is great) but we(they) have to get my information package from the company.

Anyone with any ideas? Comments?

This place has been in business for probably 5 years and all the sudden gone!

Thanks for any help!

John:(

A number of years ago, there were about five "Wet Shops" in the area. The main one became Scuba2000 down in Richmond Hill.

One option is to call Alec Pierce down there and see if he can help. He'll know the owner and maybe even the instructor.

Another option is to approach the guy/company that owns the actual property. If there is a notice on the front door (and there should be...), the name and phone number of the landlord should be there. You can ask him for the name or to be notified if the property is opened for ZG. You should be able to collect your documents then.

Another option if you find the ZG owner is too have him/her to contact the landlord and see if you can "get a favour" to pull your folder.

Lastly, keep an eye out and let me know if any equipment is going to be sold off via Landlord's lien!

I spoke with the regional manager from PADI today. As long as we get the paperwork, he'll get a referral form to do the O/W dives elsewhere. I'll try your ideas and see if I can track anyone down.

Thanks again.

John

Ontario Diver once bubbled...

Lastly, keep an eye out and let me know if any equipment is going to be sold off via Landlord's lien!

Good Idea OD, we could all use a little gear at a better price....:wink:

John,

Call Alec at The Wet Shop/Scuba 2000 in Richmond Hill. He will most likely be able to get you the phone numbers that you require in order to get a hold of the owners of Zero Gravity so you can get your paperwork. He will most likely be able to help you with getting your open water check out dives done as well. the shop number is 905-771-1500. Tell him Philip Qua referred you and I'm sure he'll bend over backwards to help you. Helll don't mention name and he'll still bend over backwards to help you. The other person to talk to there is Diana. Just explain the situation and they will try to help you out.

Philip Qua
ScubaQ

I'm not sure where you want to do your O/w's

There's a good dive Shop in Peterborough.

Send me a private message if you want heir number.

Advertising is prohibited on this forum.

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom