Tanks.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sexysadie

Reaction score
I have recently finished the first half of my cave instruction and would like to finish my training within the next year. Before I do that, I want to complete my tek rig. The only purchase I have left to make is tanks. I would like to make doubles from Faber LP 78s (at 2400), but am not sure that my BC will lift them. I have Zeagle Ranger and currently dive wet with single Al80 and 18# of lead. I would appreciate any input before taking this next step. Thanks much!

sexysadie once bubbled...
I would appreciate any input before taking this next step. Thanks much!
I would advise you to get your advise from your cave instructor...

Or have you already asked your cave instructor? What was the advise given?

You could also ask at your LDS. I know of one in NJ that does lots of doubles diving and they will let you try out various tank setups in the water to find out what works best for you before you make a final decision on a purchase.

I don't get up to them much as they are a bit of a drive for me (my regular LDS is walking distance) but I did my decompression cert through them.

I have not contacted an instructor since I am not sure that I will have the financial resources yet. I will know soon, but wanted to go ahead and start diving with the new gear so that I am confortable with it.
And, no, my LDS would not be much on letting me try out gear. They're real sticklers about that probably since I don't live in an area that supports a lot of tek diving. Would be nice to have a shop that was so supportive......

You also have to be concerned with the size and weight of the tanks you are considering. As was suggested, ask your instructor what would be appropriate for you.

Robert:doctor:

The tanks you mention are quite light for doubles, I use Dive Rite Classic wings for my doubles. Others are LP 95's. The Fabers are great tanks and I highly recommend them.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom