Mk 200 Versus MK2-plus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leicamshooter

Registered
Reaction score
Any significant reason to pick one over the other? Is the MK 200 still easily serviced by scubapro dealers. Assuming I'm not going ice diving, does the MK2-plus breathe much better?

Thanks!
G Medina

the mk 200 is one of the old model first stages. i have one that is at least 10 years old. the good thing about scubapro is that no matter how old your reg is, they always have parts everywhere around the globe. it is very easy & simple to service since the design components haven't changed much over the years. so if ever a particular model is not sold anymore or has been discontinued due to newer models, parts & service can easily be found :D i find no difference in the breathing effort between the 2 actually. hope this helps! :)

The Mk 200 and Mk 2 Plus both have larger piston heads compared to the older Mk 3 and consequently they have less change in intermediate pressure as tank pressure falls. Breathing performance between the MK 200 and Mk 2 Plus is very similar and both are fine for recreational diving.

Back
Top Bottom