swivel fitting on HP hose leaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Inside of it is a little tube, going between the two sections, and that tube wasmissing an oring. I replaced it with an oring off of another HP hose I have. I'd rather use this one that has a problem, becuase it swivels. The older hose does not swivel. It still leaks. If I replace both orings with new ones from my dive shop, would that probably fix it? Any advise on thse things? It's on my SPG. I can get pictures, but figured most people who could giveme advice would know what the fitting looks like.

I'm not an expert on those things, but it sounds like replacing both o-rings would do the trick, unless there is some internal damage that would prevent a seal, like a nick in the spool (the little tube dealy), but that can be replaced too. I'm curious why the o-ring is missing? Was it fine for a while and then started leaking or did you get this from some dude that was trying to get rid of it cheap?

I just replaced a few of these, I think they are usually the 003 size o-ring. One o-ring seals between the hose fitting and the spindle and the other o-ring seals between the spindle and the guage. And the hip bone is connected to the elbow bone.

JahJahwarrior:
Inside of it is a little tube, going between the two sections, and that tube wasmissing an oring. I replaced it with an oring off of another HP hose I have. I'd rather use this one that has a problem, becuase it swivels. The older hose does not swivel. It still leaks. If I replace both orings with new ones from my dive shop, would that probably fix it? Any advise on thse things? It's on my SPG. I can get pictures, but figured most people who could giveme advice would know what the fitting looks like.

O-rings are cheap...go by your LDS and give it a try...less than a buck and 5 minutes will let you know. Make sure all parts are clean and a super light coat of silicone on the 2 new o-rings.

If replacing the o-ring doesn't stop it, you can buy a complete spool at Dive Rite Express Scroll down the page to part #RG27AS. The cost is $3.00 each, and includes the o-rings. If you just want o-rings, they sell for $3.00 for a package of 5.

Hope this helps,

just bought it used from a guy who was getting rid of it cheap. On the first dive, I noticed it was leaking. Told the guy about it and he apologized profusely, he says he didn't know it was broken. Maybe the oring fell off the spool when I pulled it out? It was a good deal I think, $65 and I got a Suunto console and Favor S dive computer. The console HP hose leaks a little, but it seems like a cheap fix :)

You may also need to clean the seating surfaces for those o-rings. Salt deposits and corrosion on those surfaces may prevent the new o-rings from seating properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom