Identify equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delhi Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I found this picture of an Indian marine commando (their SEAL equivalent) and was wondering what the equipment was (other than the Kalashnikov!). Is that a rebreather of some kind?

marcos20ur.jpg

It's definitely a rebreather. I don't know the make but someone will probably tell you. Given the links between India and the UK I'd venture a guess that it's a British make.

R..

At least the guy isn't MOF.

---
Ken

Yep its a rebreather for sure. Probably specialy made for seals.........alot of times you have no trace or clue who made it. Just the nature of the "beast".

Is that a new concept in spear guns? wink wink

Happy Diving

Looks like a Drager LAR VI

It's an O2 rebreather usually used by combat swimmer to move about undetected below the surface. While the case has the "Dräger look" to it the DSV (mouthpiece) doesn't look like anything Dräger has built in the last 40 years. There have been dozends of companies in as many countries building 100s of O2 rebreathers. They've been around for over a century, used in mines, firefighting and of course under water.

Rebreathers Worldwide has the most comprehensive oxygen rebreather data base.

Back
Top Bottom