Aeris and Oceanic computer interoperability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a few Aeris computers that I have used in the past to log my dives to my PC. I just bought a new Oceanic VT3 which comes with its own software. I have all my previous dives stored on my PC in the Aeris format (think its an AccessDB file) Can I somehow import my older Aeris dives into the Oceanic software so as to keep my dive record together? Thanks.

In the Computer forum, bperrybap mention that there are Aeris fields in the newest Oceanic software. Is that usable for this? Thanks.

I haven't actually tried it and am not involved in the software side, Sorry for the delay but I will find out and get back to you.

Best,

Chris

Checking back in on this, any word? Thanks.

Hi Jarrett,

My apologies for the late reply - this one slipped past me somehow. While built on a similar program, the Oceanic and AERIS programs are dive computer model-specific. I've passed your post onto the developers for future revision consideration.

Thanks for the update. I'm keeping the data separate in the respective Oceanic and Aeris software right now, but thinking about going to one of the aftermarket products like Scubase so I can consolidate.

Since it appears that Oceanic and Aeris are very closely related and the computers so so similar, it seems like it would make sense that the software (and cables) be interoperable. That would be another reason for a consumer to stick with Oceanic/Aeris computers.

Not only are Oceanic and Aeris computers related but as far as I can tell the Genesis React Pro is related as well.

I think if they offered a method of importing dives from other brands it would be very nice. I've looked at the other dive log software and honestly I like the OceanLog stuff, although I'm not sure I trust it's average depths but then every log software out there gave me a different value. I would like all the stuff in one without me having to type it all in manually.

It should not be that hard to incorporate since there is an import already, just need to expand it and do some field remapping and matching.

Here's hoping.

I am able to open my aeris dive file on my sister's oceanic dive log software. They are the same type of files. I can't edit some of the info, though.

I dive with the Aeris AI and she dives with a Pro Plus 2...don't know if that makes a difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom