Thursday 14th September, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi everyone, i hope everyone has been well and fighting fit!

this weeks result; 1.85kgs or 4lbs gone from my life forever!

thats a total of 35.8kgs or 79lbs!!

now, dont forget - its not only results on the scales that is a goal... its a lifestyle change. giving up the soda, cutting back from chocs every day to a few times a week, parking the car away from the enterance of the shops instead of stalking around looking for one at the enterance.... these little things are a lifestyle improvement so remember to keep your eye and mind on the little pluses in your life!

ive been flat out like a lizard drinking this week, im feeling pretty stressed but still managing to go to swimming tues and thurs night. it would be so easy to say dont bother and have a few nights in but we all know how slippery that slope is

so im hoping everyone can think of a positive in their life, a extra effort that they made that they can be glad for and share it with us!

so RINGING THE BELL again to call all the SB Challangers!!!!!

Good Morning Almitywife,

You are still shredding that weight! - well done!

This weeks result: 0.2lbs added since last week.

So 184.1lbs as of this morning.

However :D :D :D

As of yesterday I am now no longer classed as 'Obese' and my BMI is now only 27.2!

:D

Also I passed my Nitrox course on Monday - 98% in the exam :geek:

So two good things this week and one bad

Roll on next Thursday!

The Coke Challenge is going well.

Let's not talk about weight... :blush:

Hiya Challengers!
My weight this week is down 2lbs! I am so excited! As if shopping last night wasn't enough incentive. I actually bought a dress shirt size Medium! The larges were huge on me! I also bought a pair of slacks in a size 8. Oh, at my highest weight, I was wearing an 18, and at the begining of this lifestyle change in March I was in a 16.
My week has been tossy turvy. After coming back from the parents house last week, I was just plain exhausted. So I gave myself a week off from jogging. I had been going every day for the past couple weeks, with some weight training tossed in for fun.

When Monday came around, I dragged myself out of bed and concentrated on putting one foot in front of the other, not worrying about speed, just doing it. Must admit, I felt better. I also decided to cut way back on exercise, so I am only exercising 3x week, plus yardwork and diving. I figured the exhaustion was my body telling something. Amazing what happens when you listen to your body!

So here it is Thursday morning. Eating wise, the past week has not been the best, instead of staying away from foods, it was all about portion control. I did eat chocolate, and other junk food, as my body seemed to be craving it. I did give in, but not in excess, and tried to keep my activity level up.

Looking forward to hearing what success others have had.

Oh, as far as exercise challenges, I did the squat thing on the wall yesterday that Almity challenged us to do last week. My thighs were burning, but I did it! Also have been doing the wall pushups. I stand a good distance from the wall, maybe 18" and can feel it in my shoulders. Good deal!

Onward and downward!!!
Next?

Jenny, That's excellent! As Almity said, it's not only the results on the scale.

And congrats to the others. As for myself, I'm up a pound to 215, but I was pretty happy with that considering my bad evening last night. Dinner date followed by a movie. Large popcorn and large drink. I was sitting at 213 all week, so a 2 pound gain over that I can take, I will get rid of that soon enough.

I upped my running this week as the weather goes bad. The river here is down to 56 degrees, and since I'm a bit of a warm water wuss, so local diving may be done for me for this year. Heading out for a 3 day golf tournament tomorrow, so I will try and be good there!

I don't know why, I eat an average of around 1350 calories a day, I workout 5 times a week, and I still put on 2 lbs. I know it's not the scale, but jeeze. Anyway, I decided that it must be water retention so I am just going to continue what I've been doing. I can't eat less, that's for sure.
Some good news though, I wore a pair of pants yesterday that I haven't been able to fit into for a couple of years. Now THAT felt good.

fairybasslet, it could be muscle weight.

I'm back on track -- have been for the past two days -- and feeling much better about myself and my choices since Tuesday's weigh in.

Well so far, I've lost about 7lbs / 3kg in weight over the past few weeks. I've not done anything in particular about from leave the US and return to Wales! After driving everywhere for the past few years I can actually go and walk to places in peace. I'm not tempted by the umpteen burger houses and other fast all-you-can eat places that we don't have.
So far so good- I'm hoping to lose about another 12kg/25lb over the next few months too.

Hi guys,

Well, I'm still here. I was sick for a week and stressed over my night classes so I lost it for a little while. When most people get sick, they don't want to eat. Not me. I just use it as a reason to eat anything I want to make me feel good. However, I forced myself back into my right mind and I'm back on track. I weighed today and luckily didn't have any weight gain. I was really lucky with that. As far as exercise, I've been taking my dogs for longer walks every night. I even jogged a little tonight when I couldn't get my heart rate up by just walking.

I am glad to see you guys are still here. Almity, I am so amazed by your results every week. Jenny - Mediums! I'm still stuck in my XL, but they are a lot bigger on me. Hope to see you in October. I am glad to see everyone else keeping up the good attitude. Fairy, your doing the right things, keep it up and don't get too discouraged.

:D

Fl Divelover...I was in XL for quite a few years! I can't even think when the last time I bought a size medium shirt..of course being uh, well blessed doesn't make things much easier!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom