Place to buy all-black pocket snorkle in SoCal or online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a TRULY all-black Oceanic Pocket Snorkel... I think I saw on at the Long Beach show a couple months ago. Is there a place to get one online or local to the LA area?

Edit: Hrm. I see you sell them from the Oceanic website. Ok, slight modification. Do you make an all-black one, meaning no clear silicone? I hate it when that stuff turns yellow... and I tend to store my snorkle with my wetsuit and such, so that doesn't take long...

Yes, there is a full black Pocket snorkel without any clear silicone in the line. The code of the item is 07-1800-27 Black/Black. I just sold one yesterday but we are Oceanic distributor in Egypt. There must be a closer place to get it :D

Thank you! So I wasn't crazy... I probably DID see one at the show.

I look forward to hearing from someone at Oceanic as to a closer place to find one. :)

CBulla:
Oceanic has a list of dealers on their website, you just have to enter a zip code.
Yes indeed. And living in L.A., there are zillions of them around.

But that doesn't tell me which might actually carry said snorkle, in stock. Oceanic should have access to that info, however... along with the actual part numbers I need, in case Mr. Fix's Egyptian info is not the same as here.

Although it is mysteriously missing from our web site, we do have an all black Pocket Snorkel in the line - and Mr. Fix is correct - the part no. is 07.1800.27.

I am unable to tell you for certain which dealer may have it in stock. Check the dealer locator, give a few nearest you a call. If not, while it is not on the main site - if you prefer, select the online dealer locator option - you'll find and be able to order the all black version through the online dealer of your choice.

wilkie:
Why would you care about the color of a pocket snorkle?
Silly, I know, but it's not always in my pocket. :)

And as I mentioned, I really hate the look of yellowed clear silicon... which is nearly guaranteed when stored with neoprene.

And lastly, after I test them out and approve, I'm trying to get a stubborn Seal friend give up his J tube, and I quote "The first rule of Navy Seals is you got to LOOK cool!"

I'm hoping to buy it local so I don't pay tax AND shipping. I think Scuba.com has them, but their retail storefront is farther than it's worth to drive.

Back
Top Bottom