change legend acd from yoke to din?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scratch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hello

I have an Aqualung Legend ACD reg (yoke style) and I am considering converting to DIN connections so I can take advantage of higher pressure fills.
I see all over the net that Aqualung offers a DIN conversion kit for Legend regs, but from the pictures it is not clear that this kit preserves the 'ACD' (auto closure device) feature of this reg (the ACD feature is part of the yoke connection, so any conversion kit would need it's own DIN version of ACD).
I've inquired of my LDS about this but so far no answer. Does anyone here know if this is possible or do I need to replace the entire first stage?

thanks

I'm not sure if the DIN ACD kit is out yet. However why not just change it to straight DIN w/out the ACD? I have two new oceanic regs. I purposely bought the non DVT versions. I'm also going to DIN shortly. It's a nice feature but for me not a necessity.

So after some more searching I believe I have found the right part# for this:
Aqualung part# 129227 (Legend ACD Yoke/DIN Conversion Kit) but I am not having any luck finding an online source for this.
If anyone is able to order this direct from Aqualung can you PM me?

thanks
steve

I have the ACD on my DIN first stage. I don't know where you can get it other than going to your local LDS and having them special order it for you.

You can't buy it from a authorized dealer online.

scratch:
So after some more searching I believe I have found the right part# for this:
Aqualung part# 129227 (Legend ACD Yoke/DIN Conversion Kit) but I am not having any luck finding an online source for this.
If anyone is able to order this direct from Aqualung can you PM me?

thanks
steve

Aqualung part number 129227 is the correct part from the manual I've got.

You won't be able to find it online in the US.

You're going to have to pony-up the big bucks and buy it from an Aqualung Dealer. Expect it to cost over $100 bucks easy. If not more.

When I bought my Legend LX I asked what the difference was in the price between DIN and yoke. It was the same price (new). I then asked how much it was to convert it later, they said about $135 to $150 bucks in parts/labor/etc. (I don't know the exact breakdown, but it was enough for me to go ahead and buy the DIN up front even though all my current tanks are yoke. A $32 DIN-to-yoke convertor works for my yoke tanks).

I'd post the same question over on The Deco Stop. I'm betting you'll find more folks over there that use that reg more often and have an insider knowledge of where you can get the parts more easily w/o the dealer hassles.

Your LDS was going to charge you labor to change from the Yolk to DIN? After doing a special order from them? Geeze! It's an easy change and I would think that they have done it for free.

Ann Marie:
Your LDS was going to charge you labor to change from the Yolk to DIN? After doing a special order from them? Geeze! It's an easy change and I would think that they have done it for free.

I didn't get the full details of what the price was to change it later... they just said it's be somewhere between $135 to $150 for everything. I didn't ask specifics of how the price was broken down. I don't think it was special order either. They had it in stock I think.

Didn't really matter in the long run. I ended up buying it in DIN right up front to avoid the charge. I didn't have DIN tanks at the time and was trying to figure the best course of action which is why I asked for what the price was. That made it an easy choice to buy it in DIN to start with.

As for price, they gave me a killer deal on it buying the regulator (in DIN) from them so I didn't have to change it out later either.

Sure it's an easy change, but why do we expect the LDS to do it for free? Changing a light bulb is easy, but your mechanic is going to charge you to do it!

I've done it with two Legends that I use with doubles. It's a fairly easy thing to do yourself, but there are some torque specs that you need to keep in mind. It should take you less than ten minutes. It does use a different sort of setup than most DIN regs to preserve the ACD feature, but it's not difficult. It will run you about $80-100 though.

NetDoc:
Sure it's an easy change, but why do we expect the LDS to do it for free? Changing a light bulb is easy, but your mechanic is going to charge you to do it!

Where I worked, we would have done it for free. I guess it is a matter of customer service on our part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom