http://www.diveheart.org/

please help me "save the stingrays"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
http://groups.myspace.com/savethestingrays

there are over 100 HATE groups on MYSPACE that say nothing more than to KILL stingrays..

One of these groups has over 1000 members. This is rediculous. It HAS to stop.

So my goal is to spread this group 5000 strong. I KNOW it will happen. Please just add the group and spread the link. please.

anyone who has ever has a positive with these animals. Just take a look at my group and see what I am about...

YOUR FEEDBACK, PICTURES, THOUGHTS and STORIES are encouraged to be posted.

WE WILL BE HEARD ON THIS... TAKE THE STAND!!!...

http://groups.myspace.com/savethestingrays

prentice and jessica parton

well, as long as they are typing on the internet, they're not out killing stingrays...

so maybe you should encourage them to post even more?

seriously, it's one thing to say "kill a stingray"

it's another to actually manage to get to where the critters live, find one, and kill it, especially for your averagae net geek

Jeez, 100 Hate groups, one with over 1000 members----Amazing!!!! Do they have money? Are they looking to hire a hit man.:crafty:

It's sad that so many people who haven't a clue about the beauty of our oceans and the marine life in it can be so hateful. They only know of some quirky Australian guy who made them laugh, and what killed him. They could care less that it's a wild animal that was only defending itself when if felt threatened.

I think if the Steve Irwin camp knew of what was to come after going public with his death, they would have just announced that he drowned or something....Very Sad. You might as well just spit on Steve Irwin's grave than to kill a Stingray in his name...

:shakehead

I agree with Andy - don't worry....stingrays are actually quite timid and I should imagine quite hard to kill...

On top of that they aren't exactly defenseless! :eyebrow:

Also they're quite lucky - no one eats 'stingray soup' as far as I know, or stingray anything else.......

Kim:
I agree with Andy - don't worry....stingrays are actually quite timid and I should imagine quite hard to kill...

I agree... Steve is a recent example (no, this was not meant to be morbid, or humorous... just a statement of fact. I respected the man for his efforts to teach others)

lol. agreed with the clearing out myspace comment. I KNOW that the "attention starved emo kids" wont get out and actually do anything. I guess that it is just the principle. I looked for a group in "animals and pets" to find a stingray group. All that I came up with was the Hate Groups. So i guess it motivated me to make a group for those who are interested in them. it seems to be taking off. we have 100 people in 3 nights. Its just sad that people think about theses animals as "dangerous" and "vicious" when they are exactly the opposite. Im trying to get the message across that they arent at all vicious or dangerous.

Kim:

Also they're quite lucky - no one eats 'stingray soup' as far as I know, or stingray anything else.......

I have a wallet that's made of stingray hide. But it's not the ray that killed Irwin.

Actually, some people do eat stingrays. It's not bad, but I didn't find it all that great either. In order to get any meat it has to be a big ray & the amount of meat from one is very small, compared to the total weight of the ray. Also, when God put the skin on a stingray, he put it on to stay. I've never taken anything apart that was as hard to skin as a stingray.

The bottom line is that I found the return to be way to small for the amount of work it took to fillet one. Plnety of better critters to eat in the sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom