2 regulator questions swivel and parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Central Fla

Contributor
Reaction score
I have purchased an oceanic GT3, it is a discontinued model. Does this mean that parts are no longer made for it. Should I purchase several overhaul kits and keep them?

I intend to put a 360 (aqua 360 AA56) swivel on the second stage, any concerns when doing this?

Thanks
Central Fla

Central Fla:
I have purchased an oceanic GT3, it is a discontinued model. Does this mean that parts are no longer made for it. Should I purchase several overhaul kits and keep them?

I intend to put a 360 (aqua 360 AA56) swivel on the second stage, any concerns when doing this?

Thanks
Central Fla

The only reason it is discontinued is now all the GT3/CDX5 combos have DVT. Service kits aren't nor will be an issue for at least the next 15 years or more...

Yeah, that swivel sucks, too many failure points, you can get the parts and use the same swivel the Delta 4 does (in fact some SB members should have them from switching over to no swivel for tech) or if you want a good but not failure prone swivel Scubapro and Mares have good ones (they are the same but Mares is cheaper, I know Divers Supply has some Mares ones in stock, I believe Mares may no longer carry them)

I would trade with another Scubaboard Member, just start a "Delta 4 Swivel, did you go with a standard hose?" Thread. If you get people saying yes than you have the person you need to talk to.

Or Pm me for the part numbers.

cerich:
The only reason it is discontinued is now all the GT3/CDX5 combos have DVT. Service kits aren't nor will be an issue for at least the next 15 years or more...

Chris, what's DVT ? (the reason it's was discontinued).

Central Fla:

Thanks
Central Fla

Atomic Aquatics makes an excellent second stage swivel hose to fit mst second stages regardles of whether they are manufactured by Atomic or not.

My daughter's ScubaPro MK25SA/S600 regulator has an Atomic swivel hose. It is the exact same swivel hose that is used on the Atomic B2 second stage.

My daughter's regulator was mine before she got certified. I found it be an excellent addition to the regulator and never had any problems with it. My daughter has not had any problems with it either. I currently have an Atomic Aquatics B2 regulator with the same swivel hose and have not had any problems with it whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom