Oceanic Delta IV for Tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone, I'm currently diving a Zeagle ZX-DSV on my single tank setup, but am in the process of switching to doubles to get used to them before I start my tech training next year or so. I was originally planning on buying a second Zeagle for my backgas, but my shop has a Delta IV from Oceanic sitting on the shelf at a price a fair bit less than the Zeagle. Has anyone had experience with this reg in a tech diving environment?

Thanks, Jim

Jimmer:
Hi everyone, I'm currently diving a Zeagle ZX-DSV on my single tank setup, but am in the process of switching to doubles to get used to them before I start my tech training next year or so. I was originally planning on buying a second Zeagle for my backgas, but my shop has a Delta IV from Oceanic sitting on the shelf at a price a fair bit less than the Zeagle. Has anyone had experience with this reg in a tech diving environment?

Thanks, Jim

Yes, no worries. Some will want to convert to a standard hose, it is easy and inexpensive.

Being from Oceanic I'd love to see you get a Delta 4.

Being a Tech instr., my advice is it is better to have the same regs on your tech rig so that you can eventually carry spare parts that work on all the regs. in your rig. They also provide baselines againts each other that helps you to evaluate if one is starting to act up.

Hope this helped...

Cerich, do you recommend the same regs in all locations, ie. primary and secondary backgas being the same as all stage bottles as well? Or does that just apply to backgas?

Jim

Jimmer:
Cerich, do you recommend the same regs in all locations, ie. primary and secondary backgas being the same as all stage bottles as well? Or does that just apply to backgas?

Jim

I use all the same but definitely backgas.

It's good to see an instructor validate my thinking. I'm buying equipment for my tech setup and just purchased my second Delta4/FDX10 along with the din conversions. The one I have been using all year works great down as far as I have been (127'). I sucked on it hard at that depth to see what it would do and it delivered gas easily.

Meister481:
It's good to see an instructor validate my thinking. I'm buying equipment for my tech setup and just purchased my second Delta4/FDX10 along with the din conversions. The one I have been using all year works great down as far as I have been (127'). I sucked on it hard at that depth to see what it would do and it delivered gas easily.

I'll have to agree with you here. I've been using the Delta 3/DX4 for about five years now and love it. I've been 140+ with it and it breathes easy.

Cheers

Cerich, I'm definetly interested in giving Oceanic a chance alongside my Zeagle for a bit to see which one I prefer to use on the backgas, and then swap the other one onto my stage bottle after I get a matching set of regs for the backgas. So now onto the consumer based part of things, what is Oceanic's warranty on their regs, and do you have any sort of parts program the way that Zeagle has?

Thanks for the help,
Jim

Jimmer:
Cerich, I'm definetly interested in giving Oceanic a chance alongside my Zeagle for a bit to see which one I prefer to use on the backgas, and then swap the other one onto my stage bottle after I get a matching set of regs for the backgas. So now onto the consumer based part of things, what is Oceanic's warranty on their regs, and do you have any sort of parts program the way that Zeagle has?

Thanks for the help,
Jim

Two year limited warranty and lifetime free service parts with the Alliance program.

If you have any specific questions let me know!

best,

Chris

One more question, is there any truth to the rumours I've heard about there being a tech specific line of gear from Oceanic? And if so would I be better off waiting to see what is there instead of buying this Delta 4?

Jimmer:
One more question, is there any truth to the rumours I've heard about there being a tech specific line of gear from Oceanic? And if so would I be better off waiting to see what is there instead of buying this Delta 4?

No comment.

DEMA is when the dive industry show new products.

Back
Top Bottom