Have I killed my computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyDan

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is any hope for my Atmos 2? It took a short fall to a hard surface, beeped a few times, then much of the display lit up and the computer locked up. No amount of buton pushing or patience (I left it alone overnight) did anything. The next day, I removed the battery, (I had just replaced it a few days ago) waited a few minutes, then replaced it. Now when I press the button to activate it, it does its power-on countdown, then "AdC" flashes a few times and the computer turns off.

I'm in the middle of a dive trip now, so I can't really get it serviced. I'm hoping for a simple fix, but I'm wondering if I put myself in the market for a replacement. Thanks for any help you can give.
Dan

Hi Dan,

The "AdC" code following countdown indicates that a component has been damaged, and the unit will not start-up under that condition. We can certainly service it for you, but that obviously isn't going to help while you're away. Where are you currently? If we have a dealer in the area, I may be able to help.

Doug

Thanks, Doug
I kinda figured I broke something. Luckily I was able to borrow a computer from the dive-op here on Grand Cayman, so no dives were lost. I'll be back in Indianapolis in a few days, so I'll probably get it looked at there.

Thanks for the info,
Dan

Back
Top Bottom