Red Sea Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasue2

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all

Planning to go diving in the red sea in early november. Want to do the south part of the red sea (marsa alam area)

Anyone have any opinions on liveaboard vs day trips in this area? I think we are leaning towards doing a liveaboard at this stage.

Anyone have any recommendations on which dive company to book the liveaboard with?

Thanks

scubasue2:
Hi all

Planning to go diving in the red sea in early november. Want to do the south part of the red sea (marsa alam area)

Anyone have any opinions on liveaboard vs day trips in this area?.....
Thanks

Ok, while I have no experience with liveaboards (yes, I hope to some day), the part that threw me was, "Anyone have any opinions...":D :D

I cracked up. Lots of opinions here on the board--good luck surfing through them all to make you own decisions.:lol:

I got back from Marsa a few weeks ago and can recommend the liveaboard option.

Hi,
I have done trips to the Brothers, Daedalus and Elphinstone, and also to Elphinstone, Fury Shoals and St. John's.
Both were booked with Tony Backhurst at:

http://www.scuba.co.uk

Am going to Sudan next month, again with TB.

I have no connection with this company, just a satisfied customer.

The Brothers trip was better, more colour/soft corals.
The Deep South trip was very good also, but more monochromatic.
Am hoping Sudan will top the lot.

BTW the Coral Beach Hotel in Marsa Alam has a dive centre run by Emperor Divers, a professional outfit, if you want to avoid the liveaboard. But your choice of divesites will be somewhat restricted.

Seadeuce

I would also recommend Tony Backhurst Scuba Travel HERE

In the south I have been on Hurricane, Grand Sea Serpent and Royal Emporer (now on the Sudan route)

I have been on 6 trips with TB and had a good time on each occasion.

Definitly a liveaboard!
I dove with Sinai Divers (sinaidivers.com), booked through a Swiss operator, the South tour to St. John and Elphinstone. Phantastic trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom