DIN conversion for Scubapro Mk2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wdsy

New
Reaction score
Hey,
I've got an old Mk2/R190 that's lying around that I'd like to start using as a deco reg. First, I need to change it to a DIN fitting. I see a conversion kit for the Mk16, 18, 20 & 25 online, but none for the Mk2. It's been awhile since I've serviced SP regs, but I remember them being standardized size/fitting wise. Will the Mk16-25 kit fit the Mk2?
Also, as I think it's silly that a little bit of threaded metal with a hole through it costs $50, I saw a generic conversion kit from a company called Scubamax for $30. It supposedly fits "most" regs. Anyone know anything about it?
I don't like skimping on life support equipment, but there's not much in a DIN kit to fail so. . . .
Finally, anyone know where to get Viton service kits for the Mk2/R190?
Thank you so much.

wdsy

Yes, SP uses a universal DIN kit for all their regs. It works for everything except the Mk 5.

Dealer cost is something like $36.00 so it is not cheap.

Trident markets a suitable kit as well, but the cost is not much cheaper.

Thanks so much for getting back to me with the info. I really appreciate it &'ll check out the trident kit.

wdsy

Back
Top Bottom