PO2 Up Arrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JanR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I own an Aeris AI computer which I have found very easy to use and fits all of my needs....but...

A couple of weekends ago, I was diving in NC and the second dive was on NITROX...EAN30.

When we got to about 113fsw, I noticed on my computer had an UP arrow blinking next to PO2. Both my EAD/RDP planner and the computer showed the max depth for 30% was deeper than that...121fsw for the computer

My question is was the up arrow just to warn me that I was coming close to max depth? My PO2 at this point was still below 1.4 and the computer showed a PO2 of 1.32 for the dive.

Thanks,

Jan

what was your first dive profile and gas??
Did you set the numbers right?? I seem to remember that the Aeris computers assume 79% N2 and 50%O2 if it is set to Nitrox and you don't set it prior to diving. I think you have to set it after openning the bottle valve but before you enter the water.

JanR:
I own an Aeris AI computer which I have found very easy to use and fits all of my needs....but...

A couple of weekends ago, I was diving in NC and the second dive was on NITROX...EAN30.

When we got to about 113fsw, I noticed on my computer had an UP arrow blinking next to PO2. Both my EAD/RDP planner and the computer showed the max depth for 30% was deeper than that...121fsw for the computer

My question is was the up arrow just to warn me that I was coming close to max depth? My PO2 at this point was still below 1.4 and the computer showed a PO2 of 1.32 for the dive.

Thanks,

Jan

As another person indicated the default on the Aeris ATMOS AI is to default to a FO2 of EAN50 for a subsequent dive unless you specifically set it to the actual mix you are using.

It looks like the AI will also give you a warning at
.2 before you hit your PO2 Alarm value - see page 64 of manual.
So if you did everything right, but set an alarm for 1.4 PO2,
the computer will beep and indicate up arrow at PO2 of 1.2

--- bill

Thanks for the replies...

My first dive was on air and as my computer has "FO2 30" listed under the log for the second dive in question. So, I'm pretty sure that I set the computer for the right O2%.

Bill, I think you nailed it. Your explanation seems most plausible. I also read that in the manual, but remember seeing the arrow earllier in the dive.

I just want to make sure that I'm not discarding vitally important information as simple advisories...ok, vitally important advisories, at least.

v/r

Jan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom