Veo 250 Shutting Down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I think my Veo 250 (3 month old) is having problems. The following problem has occurred three times in the last few weeks. I’ll describe the latest one.

I did two dives today. After the first dive, I sequenced through the log (using the normal top button/side button procedures) to log the dive. All appeared normal. Battery indicates full.

After the second dive, I repeated the process to log the second dive and then left the computer (wrist mounted) on the table while we packed our gear.

Abut ten minutes later, I picked it up to put it away and the display was blank – it had apparently shut down. I pressed the top button and it went into the reset/reboot sequence and displayed the countdown process.

All of my previous dives are still recorded, but the Fly/Sat countdown sequence I would normally expect to see is not running. It would appear that the reset makes it forget.

As I said above, this is the third time I’ve noticed this behavior. The first two times I chalked it up to not understanding how the computer actually worked, but last week I actually did a dive/fly weekend and I figured out how the counter should work.

The apparent resets are not a normal function are they?

I have the same computer and had the same problem saturday morning. I have done about 20 dives on a new battery. After i turned the computer on getting ready for the first dive the batt indicator read fully charged. After the dive i went through the log and wrote down the dive. i started to sequence through the dives it flashed something a couple times and shut down, i also lost my nitrogen loading and time to fly sequence. I restarted it and it read full again. After a few minutes it was flashing low battery. i pressed the top button and it then read full battery again. We decided to do our second dive. We dropped down to 20 feet and it shut down again. I restarted it and it was again flashing low battery, but was working. We finished the dive and it was again reading full battery. tonight i turned it on and it read low batt at first and five minutes later was reading full batt. It has now been on for a couple hours and i can't get it to read low batt again. Should i try replcing the battery?? I took it out of the boot and dont see any water in the battery compartment. Oceanic guys what do you think i shoud try. I have a batt and new oring, and we were planning on diving this Saturday. Oh and it recorded the first dive and second dive. also the date and time were wrong on it.

Update -

I talked to Mack and Nick up at Oak Hill Scuba - my LDS - and they agreed there was a problem. Nick called Oceanic and got the RA - its in a box on its way back. Take good care of it guys - its the first time its been away from home without me :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom