what u looking at?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spankey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
had to post this, its from the pool on Sunday - just playing around.

L01_b0c88135cfc68.jpg

What you looking at? its my nose :)

Looks like someone needs to shock the pool.. Unless you are going for that lake water look :D

spankey:
shock?? what u mean

:lol: Sorry, I did get a laugh out of it because I wasn't sure if you really meant it or you were just being sarcastic.

Incase you really meant it, you really should take a water sample to your local pool store and get them to test it. If you (or the owner) hasn't shocked it then there is all sorts of junk in that water. Tell them about your pool (or take your pictures) and ask them what you should do.. :wink:

"Shocking" the pool means you need to add an oxidizer in a high enough concentration to burn out all the organic material in the water. This will free up the used chlorine and will make the pool MUCH cleaner as you can see in my pool. :wink:

smallpool.jpg

When I took my open water class at a high school pool, the water condition was so bad that it killed my eyes during mask floods, especially since I wear contacts which want to trap some of the water in your eyes. It was much less painful in the ocean.

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom