Question for Atomic Z2 users (+)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnny_bravo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking of upgrading my current setup and I'm looking at an Atomic Z2. While I'm sold on their reputation I read a review of the Z2 that mentioned it was a very "loud" breather underwater. Any truth to this?

Also how many of you have the Exhaust Deflector installed and is it a good option.

Thanks.

-J.-

have a Z1,,,I really don't hear a Differance between it and my Sherwood Oasis. Also being from Canada I would think you wear a hood anyway

Loud? Hmm, I don't find them an issue. Then again, I'm wearing a 5mm hood.

FWIW, I've got a Z2 primary and a Z1 secondary.

Great breathing reg, even at 100+ feet. But if you dive in really cold water get the environmental sealed option right up front.

Good luck

Bjorn

We have 4 Z2s, never heard any thing about them being noisy. I guess it all depends on how you exhale. We do not have the deflectors installed. The exhust bubbles do not seem to be problem.

johnny_bravo:
I'm thinking of upgrading my current setup and I'm looking at an Atomic Z2. While I'm sold on their reputation I read a review of the Z2 that mentioned it was a very "loud" breather underwater. Any truth to this?

Also how many of you have the Exhaust Deflector installed and is it a good option.

Thanks.

-J.-

I "had" a Z1 never had a noise prob with it (sold it to a S/B member) and we now have 3 Z2's the wife and the kid have one each and I have one as a back up, and they all breath as easy and quite as my AquaLung Legend LX ACD.

GulfCoastdiver:
I "had" a Z1 never had a noise prob with it (sold it to a S/B member) and we now have 3 Z2's the wife and the kid have one each and I have one as a back up, and they all breath as easy and quite as my AquaLung Legend LX ACD.

One more thing my wife and I dove this past sunday to 107 fsw with a group of 12 divers and I think I was the only one not using an Atomic, I think there was 2 T2, 2 B2's, and the rest Z2's and no one complained of noise or any other prob for that matter.

At one point I had a "squeak" noise on every breath. After my next service this went away so I tend to think this was some minor adjustment issue. Where was the review?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom