My LDS rocks! I got a custom package for almost same $ as Scubatoys w/board discount!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dstrain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Wow! I can't say enough good things about the local LDS I decided to go with (http://www.diveworldaustin.com/). After visiting a bunch of them around town I ended up going with the one farthest away from me because they really made me feel at home and were very open and friendly with all my questions, not to mention they didn't once pressure me towards a specific brand like another shop did.

I went back there today to do some serious pricing on gear and when all was said and done their prices were within 6% of ScubaToys.com prices (with Scubaboard discount included!). I couldn't believe it! And even better for me, they have a "rent to own" plan where you just pay 30% down and can rent your own gear until it's paid off - interest free. They store it and no one else uses it!

I'm so happy I was able to support a great LDS and didn't have to shell out more than $50 or so dollars over what I'd have spent online. They even tossed in a free gear bag!

Here's what I ended up with:

BC: Zeagle Stilletto
Reg: Zeagle Envoy Deluxe
Alt: Scubapro Air2
SPG: Zeagle Analog Console
Fins: Aeris Velocity
Mask: Tilos Panoramic
Tank: Aluminum 80 w/10 free fills

Looks like I'm Zeagle man now!

I can't wait to get in the water with my own gear!

Congratulations!

It's such a good feeling to get into all your _own_ gear :)

Hi Zeagle man - congratulations on your new gear! I know how you feel. It is a major accomplishment when you finally make a decision and you know that you got a good deal. Now, I expect you to go here and follow the directions to complete your dive profile so that we can keep track of your progress. Being a newbie myself, I enjoy seeing what the others divers use for their equipment setup.

Back
Top Bottom