Sea & Sea N-type connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yippee! Today the UPS delivered my new UK-Germany housing for me to play with. It appears to be very well built, and I can't wait to take it for a test run. I'm taken a few pics of it, and will do a bit of a write-up some time soon.

But for now, there seems to be one big problem, which I've emailed UK-Germany about, but thought that someone here might have some input.

I have a Sea&Sea cable to connect to my Inon Z-240, but even though it appears to be the right connector, the cable does't fit the bulkhead.

On the cable, there are three pin "sockets", and two "contact pads".. so I would expect the bulkhead connector to have three fixed pins and two spring-loaded pins. Unfortunately it appears that the bulkhead has all five pins fixed, so even though all the pins line up, the connector doesn't fit.

Is there another type of cable I should be getting, or have I been given the wrong bulkhead?

Well after talking to the ever helpful people at Sea Optics, and fiddling with a couple of wires, I've decided to break off the two should-be-spring-loaded pins off the bulkhead. With the three connectors I have all I need - ground, flash ready and trigger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom