C&C (Critiquing Photos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clgsamson

Koya Kap
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If I may, I'd like to propose some sort of ground rules in critiquing Photos. You may want to add some more in here, this ain't absolute, your comments are welcome.

Please follow this outline.
Thread title: example "C&C: Hammerhead shot:"
(Maximum of 1-2 pix per thread)

Tech Specs: EXIF data, Camera, Lens & strobe (name/model). Please do not critique the system used

If you want to give criticisms.
Please try to use the following as a guide:
1) What do you think of this image?
2) What are your main criticisms? Point it out in the pic and try to elaborate
3) What could the photographer done better? Post your constructive criticisms
4) Final Verdict? Your conclusion. Encouragements to the OP to post more pix in the future would be nice
icosm14.gif

NOTE:
ASKING FOR CRITICISMS: Be sure that you need help, your pic needs critiquing and you need opinions from others.
CRITICS: You should consider the practicality of the situation & resources.

Please respect the critic, the poster and opinion of others.
Communicate with sense. Be honest but realistic and courteous

yes, i agree this is a great idea.

Lets make sure you put C&C in the thread title so everyone understands you want critiquing instead of the usual "lovely shot" that doesn't really help anyone....

Mike Veitch:
yes, i agree this is a great idea.

Lets make sure you put C&C in the thread title so everyone understands you want critiquing instead of the usual "lovely shot" that doesn't really help anyone....

agree with mike. nice thread caloy. finally. :wink:

I think honest critiquing of photos would be very helpful not only for the person who posted the pictures but also for us newbies who tend to make similar mistakes. It would also help if 1)the photographer shows the original unedited picture or if he indicates what photediting has been done and 2)the photographer specifies what particular aspect or the picture he wants to improve on- lighting, composition, color, photoediting etc. so that the "critics" would know how best to advice him and avoid offering unsolicited/unwanted advice.

I think perhaps if you include also what mode you shot in (i.e. RAW/jpg) and what sort of adjustments done to the image (eg. white balance, sharpening, etc) would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom