Who makes Aeris regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's close enough to say Aeris, they are made by a sister company also owned by Bob Hollis, and no that sister in this case is not Oceanic.

I'm curious then, who is the sister company? Is it Palegic Systems or is there another company? I always asumed that the Aeris regulators where made by Oceanic.

Pelagic Pressure Systems is a leading OEM (original equipment manufacturer) supplier of mechanical and digital pressure sensing instruments to the recreational scuba industry, life-support industry, military, and industrial safety industry for companies like MSA and Respiratory Systems. Today, Pelagic Pressure Systems controls a dominant share of the recreational scuba instrumentation market through Oceanic, AERIS and other brands. Read more here.

Oceanic and Aeris are under the Umbrella of 'American Underwater Products', along with Palegic Systems (and others), which I'm guessing make everything for Oceanic and Aeris apart from BCs (which, again I'm guessing are made by Hollis Industries).

More information on all the sister companies and their relation to each other can be found: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/index_inside.html

Amadeus023 beat me too it!

Amadeus023:
.... sorry! Something to do to help wake me up this morning.

Pelagic only does the instruments however....

For some reason Pelagic is the best known non brand name company in HUP. Almost everything gets attributed to Pelagic that the others do....

cerich:
Pelagic only does the instruments however....

For some reason Pelagic is the best known non brand name company in HUP. Almost everything gets attributed to Pelagic that the others do....

I guess that I wasn't completely awake yet - I saw Aeris and assumed computers, not realizing that the post said "regulators." BTW - I am the proud owner of an Oceanic Datamax PP2! Thanks for the clarification. This is so much fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom