regal diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasue2

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Regal Dive? They are a worldwide dive tour company based in UK. I'm looking into possibly doing a liveaboard trip with them in the red sea and wondering has anyone any experience?

Sue,

In general they are pretty good from my experience. I've recently booked another trip with them on the Infinity and I would have to say the sales rep I dealt with has been particularly helpful with some non-standard requirements of ours. If I remember correctly I've used Regal for both Sharm land based and also a trip out on the Orchid - all have gone well.

I have also used Tony Backhurst and RedSeaDivers for Red Sea trips. Both have been good. Only on a Backhurst trip have I seen things for wrong (luggage gone AWOL) and have to say Backhurst dealt exceptionally well with the situation.

Sue,

Asser puts his finger on the most important thing: the boat, the captain and the crew. I have seen Fraser from distance at sea, but never been on her and doesn't know anyone who has. Judging by the specs, it is a modern Egyptian built liveaboard - twin engined ship with most anemneties like throughout AC, watermakers...
I believe she is a wooden hulled ship, which may not be as stable in case of rough conditions. For the islands I would try to choose a steel construction if I could (for comfort). The only worrying thing according to the specs is only one 5 metre dingy on 18 divers! Every dive group should have their own dingy, for safety and flexibility (you can split up and dive different parts of the reef) – you want the groups to be as small as possible to increase your chanses of getting close to sharks, especially the shy hammerheads. This can make a huge difference for your total dive experience.

good luck

Christian

I went on Emperor Fraser four years ago to do St John's, not long after it had been in operation, and at the time it was one of the nicer boats operating in the Red Sea. It is spacious, has a good salon and sundeck, and had two of the best dive guides, Paul and Lisa.

However, Paul and Lisa are now landbased and I don't know the guides on it currently, and I have to say that liveaboards have moved on in that four-year period. It is still better than many, but some of the latest liveaboards are truly luxurious and in a league of their own, i.e. Royal Evolution, Emperor Serenity, etc.

Mark

I used Regal a few years ago. They were fantastic. At the time I wasn't too happy with the diving, so they arranged a transfer to Marsa Alam. They are first rate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom