Need Help.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meila

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been looking at that Sea and Sea DX750G, what are your thoughts on this camera? I have a Cannon powershot S2 IS which I love but the only housing is from Ikelite which is 700.00 dollars whithout any external flash (so your looking for roughly 1,100.00 plus dollars....

I figured the Sea and Sea with an external flash is about 800.00, so that would give me a land based camera and one for diving.. what are your thoughts... IS the camera any good..

Peace..

Sorry, nobody is answering. I have a Sea and Sea DC500 which I love. I started with a Sea and Sea DC300 which was also great until I dropped the camera while it was out of the housing and it cracked. Anyway I hope somebody will give you better advice.

seadoggirl:
Sorry, nobody is answering. I have a Sea and Sea DC500 which I love. I started with a Sea and Sea DC300 which was also great until I dropped the camera while it was out of the housing and it cracked. Anyway I hope somebody will give you better advice.

Actually, the DC500 & DC300 are SeaLife cameras and quite a bit different than the Sea & Sea cameras.. There is a thread on the Sea & Sea 8000G (which is actually even better than the one you are thinking of). The reviews are mixed, some like it, and others don't.. I didn't like the 8000g so much as you'll read here

Yup, they are different brands so be careful when you read the reviews!

To help you get started follow the pink link in my sig - scroll down a bit and you'll find a list of some compacts along with links to recent discussions and/or images related to each model.

Not a lot of people shoot with the model you are looking at, so there aren't a lot of hands on opinions out there but a search might help you find some while you wait for others to reply to this thread.

Alcina,
I LOVE the new picture by your name!! Don't you just love coming upon a cleaning station??? I have never had one 'open wide' that much though! WOW!

Bbarnes:
Alcina,
I LOVE the new picture by your name!! Don't you just love coming upon a cleaning station??? I have never had one 'open wide' that much though! WOW!

Thanks :) There's a thread in my sig with more. We are very lucky here as there is active cleaning almost every dive if you choose to stop!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom