Veo 250 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmyva

Registered
Reaction score
I'm confused about the FO2default setting. What is the best setting if I will be diving Nirtox? I don't understand exactly what the default does?

Hi jmyva,
I don't have a Veo 250, but have an Oceanic Versapro, which has many similarities to the 250. So, I'm not sure that my answer will apply, but as nobody else has jumped in, I'll give it a go.
The Fo2 default (on the VP) functions as follows: (if the setting is "on") after a nitrox dive, the computer will automatically default to a 50% oxygen setting for the next dive, unless the diver resets the F02.
IIRC, this has the computer working, in theory, with an impossible gas situation:where the computer is simultaneously working NDLs and N2 loading on the basis of air,(21% O2) while running the O2 clock, and setting the MOD as if the breathing gas were 50% O2. The rationale is that, in the interest of safety, the computer will act in the "safest" manner possible-giving the shortest NDLs,( to hopefully reduce the risk of DCS) along with the shallowest MOD and the quickest O2 loading-to help lessen the risk of Oxtox.

If you set-up the computer to have the F02 default "off", the O2 setting will remain as you left it on the previous dive.
That is how I have my VP set.You just have to remember to reste the Fo2 for each dive.

Hope this helps, but as I said , this is for the VP, not the Veo 250.
goord luck,
Mike

Thanks Mike,
I think I get it...If I'm diving Nitrox..I would change the default to off. The Fo2 setting would remain the same for the next dive..unless changed.??

You got it.
Just be sure that the Veo works the same as the VP in this regard- I'd check the manual to be sure-and don't forget to change the FO2 if you are diving a different mix, including air.
take care,
Mike

Back
Top Bottom