SeaSigns Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajcf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
When: November 16 - Classroom, 6P to 10P and November 17 - Pool Session 7 to 830P

Learn to communicate via sign language underwater!!!

Have you ever needed to communicate with your dive buddy under water?
Waiting until your surface interval just to communicate can be frustrating. Whether you are having a problem or just want to point out something cool, keeping good communication with your buddy can make the difference between an "okay" dive and a "great" fun and safe dive.

Communication alternatives have limitations.
There are many forms of underwater communication on the market today, such as specialized gear and slates. While having gear is helpful and effective, sign language is quick and efficient. Not too mention fun. However, even the hand signals commonly taught lack an adequate vocabulary to truly communicate effectively. Hand signals also can vary widely between agencies which can create confusion between two divers trained by different agencies.

SeaSigns is simple, inexpensive, and of broad scope.
SeaSigns offers a simple and inexpensive solution. Based on American Sign Language we have created a special vocabulary for scuba divers that is easy to learn and easy to use. Our vocabulary is much broader in scope than other hand signal methods.

For More Information, Please Private Message Me.
Learn to teach SeaSigns ... Instructor Courses Available Upon Request.

////

Still have a few seats left. PM me with any questions.
Look forward to seeing you in class.

Back
Top Bottom