Thursday 21st Sept, 2006 - Weigh-in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all, so hows everyone doing

the good news:
loss this week!!! 1.25kgs or 2.75lbs
total loss to date then: 37.1kgs or 81.8lbs
ALSO had my measurements done and lost in total to date:
25cm or 9.8" off my chest (my poor boobies)
25cm or 9.8" off my waist
17cm or 6.7" off my hips

woohoooo!!

the not so good news:
im feeling like every day is struggling. work is gearing up for its most stressful time of the year, i have 3 audits in the next 6 weeks and im falling into the habit of using chocolate as a reward or outlet for stress. funny thing is on weekends i dont crave for the chocolate so it must be work stress related! AND ive noticed im not drinking my 2ltrs of water per day like im suppose to!

SO - what am i going to do about this!!

i have now taped to my monitor a picture of my dress i want to wear to the Frogdive christmas ball Dec 2nd - as a reminder for every time i think "its only a little bit of choc" how much i want to be able to wear the dress!

i'll let you know how i go with this as im worried about falling backwards!

ive also MADE SURE that im packing my full lunch each day for the office! a few times this week ive said "oh i'll only have a salad" and by the time lunch comes around im so hungry for protien that i go looking for the sugar stuff instead! so im making sure i packing the right foods to get me thru the day!

ive also changed my walking route this week to up and down BBH (big b******d hill)... i def get huffy puffy going up this thing so hopefully it will help me get over the cravings

another bad thing - i killed my scales!!!! :11:

heheheh, yes! i got on them this morning and heard a crunching plastic horrific noise and thought "that cant be good!". heheheheh, it did reduce my weight by about 8kgs but i dont think my health consultant will be happy if i go at her scales with a hammer next week to get the same result!

so despite the great weight loss - i feel like ive had alot of downs this week and again, i mention how easy it is to go with the emotions and slide back into old ways quickly. i want to pull the reins on this and get back into the right frame of mind!

ok, to finish off on a good note - i will be testing out a new scuba toy for my local forum!!! underwater full face mask comms...hehehehe, poor hubby - the one place he use to get peace and quite with and now he wont!

So, ringing the SB CHALLANGE BELL again, calling all to come on over and let us know how youre going!!!!

Good Morning Alimitywife...

Again, congrats on the weight loss...:D

Well this week has been much better for me! A new low!
:fruit:

181.7lbs!!! from 184.1lbs last week. 2.4lbs lost!!

As to chocolate, that’s a difficult one...What about a packet of 'Buttons'? or a milkyway (do you have those in NZ?) something small that is say only 100-130cals?
or one piece of a bounty and save the other half? or chop up your favourite bar into wedges and only have a bit at a time, you get the sugar rush and taste, but not the cals!

I like the idea of the dress on the monitor!!!!

Today I'm going hunting for a new pair of Jeans, I think its safe to say that I'm no longer a 38" waist (and 30" leg), my jeans are way, way too big now and even a belt doesn't help the baggyness of them around my arse! I remember in Feb/Mar I had difficultily doing them up!

Too be honest I don't know if I've drop one size or two... size 34"...hmm....last time I wore jeans that size I was 18 I think!!!! (and had hair!) :rofl3:

Realistically I think I'm down to a 36" - a step in the right direction and I’m sure 34” isn’t that far away!!

As to exercise and food. I have now started added sit ups to my morning route, only 15, but that’s more than I use to do! And I've cut out soda/coke/lemonade completely.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else....

First the weight loss is 0. Stayed the same as last week. I think I am getting close to the end of my weight loss. Ideally, I would like to lose another 22, however realistically, I am 2 lbs short of my first goal, and 12lbs short of my desired goal.
The good news is my cholesteral level has dropped! When I give blood, I get a free cholesterol reading. I have to go up on the internet to get the score, and have never bothered getting it, until this week. From a year ago (and 40lbs) my cholesterol level has dropped from 215 to 174!! Looking at the results, it dropped under 200 in May, a couple months after I started this new life of eating healthy.
On the flip side, I am so tired. No workout today, and I could barely drag myself outa bed! Taking extra vitamins and all, but I really think it is the little bit of sugar I have!

So, how has your week gone? Almity, congrats on more weight loss! That is soo awesome! Trickster, love the ideas on the chocolate. And thanks everybody for being here and posting, it gives me the boost I need to keep going.

No weight change for me this week. I guess that's better than gaining, huh? LOL

Good day all, and kudos to everyone for weight loss/maintenance.

I'm still sitting at 215, but like Almity, I've been struggling a bit the past two weeks. Stress has crept in, lawyers, moving, etc, so I have not been bringing my lunch, or even doing shopping, so i have been eating out a lot. So i am pleased I haven't ballooned, but I have to recognize the danger signs that have led to weight gains in the past.

Trickster, I've actually bought 34" pants a couple of months ago and they feel great!!!

So good luck this week all, keep the faith!!!

3 lbs. down after 2 weeks of nothing!

:dancingsnoopy:

It is about time I got my act together. Well, my cousin's wedding is next week and I'm not where I wanted to be but I have lost over 15 lbs and dropped a size since I last saw the family. At least it is enough to notice and I can be proud. My next goal is Ginnie Springs at the end of Oct and then my company fancy dress party Dec 9. I definitely want a new, expensive and skinny dress for that.

I really enjoy reading how everyone is doing. Keep up the good attitudes.

:D

P.S. Sugar-free hot chocolate helps my chocolate craving at work. You can sip slowly and enjoy and it's only 50 or 60 calories.

Well I lost 3Lbs that is 282.5 Lbs to 279.5 Lbs. I am back on track with my diet. I had a brian fart last week and on Sunday my wife bought PIZZA, my favorite. I started to eat some and after the third piece, I said "S$&T". This is not atkins friendly, so I ate one more piece.

As for the Chocolate craving all I can suggest is all natural peanut butter. It is atkins friendly for me and I use it when I have a sweet tooth. It is naturally high in protien.

I can not wait till the big freeze because the allergies are back. My nose is going like a faucet, it makes me feel like crap. I never get enough sleep and fell run down all the time.

You guys are doing great on the weight loss and keep up the good work. Good work on the cholesterol, I have not checked mine in a while. I am afraid to on this Atkins diet :D Meat give me Meat :wink:

You on diet.....good result....loss 81lbs...keep on....almitywife

Jason Ooi:
You on diet.....good result....loss 81lbs...keep on....almitywife
thanks Jason - how else do you think we going to afford hubbys new toy... ummmmm, Rebreather (he tells me its not a toy) ... food costs too much these days! :wink:

almitywife:
thanks Jason - how else do you think we going to afford hubbys new toy... ummmmm, Rebreather (he tells me its not a toy) ... food costs too much these days! :wink:
Eat daily balance diet less meat, less junk food more vegetable....you will loss weight....
He lies to you.....for me rebreather is big boy toys....:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom