hotx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

High Oxygen TrimiX. It is for those who want to dive in depths less that 180fsw (still in >21%02) with out narcosis and the benefits of higher fO2. There are various other names for this as well.

brandon

Brandon,

What PO2's do these people usually dive when sucking HOTX? Max depth on 32% is 111ft. How high do they run the O2 percentage?

Which means I have no idea what the answer is and wish I did...

detroit diver once bubbled...
Brandon,

What PO2's do these people usually dive when sucking HOTX? Max depth on 32% is 111ft. How high do they run the O2 percentage?

Hmmm. EAN mix already reduces your END by replacing nitrogen with oxygen, or do you call oxygen and nitrogen narcotic effect equivalent and use the helium to...

Uh, oh, I may learn something today.

Steven.

The reason I ask was because I was at the abysmal diving web sight and watched the intro and one of the gases that was used on the simulated dive to 330fsw was hotx.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.abysmal.com/english.html

I think it's a net intro

The MOD for EAN32 is 130ft. If you are trying to keep your END to less than 100ft. I could see it more in 28% (~150) Putting helium in your mix will reduce your narcosis levels enough without putting too much helium and increasing decompression obligations. As for using HOTx for a 330fsw dive, it could be a dilutent in a rebreather.

I haven't been trained in any of this stuff, so I don't really know how it is actually used, just in theory.

Brandon

If you didn't watch the intro the hotx was only used at the start of the dive and they switched to trimix they went deeper and then on the way back up they again used hotx.

We routinely use 30/30 which is sometimes considered HOTx. I prefer it to 32% EANx. It can also be dove with nitrox computers (horrors ;-) set to 32% as well.

omar

voidware once bubbled...
The MOD for EAN32 is 130ft. If you are trying to keep your END to less than 100ft. I could see it more in 28% (~150) Putting helium in your mix will reduce your narcosis levels enough without putting too much helium and increasing decompression obligations. As for using HOTx for a 330fsw dive, it could be a dilutent in a rebreather.

I haven't been trained in any of this stuff, so I don't really know how it is actually used, just in theory.

Brandon

Yes, you're correct on the MOD as 130. I use a max PO2 of 1.4 which put MY MOD as 111 ft. Sorry for the confusion.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom