X scooter defects??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TerrysToys

Reaction score
I am posting this to see if anyone else is having problems with there x-scooter and would like to discuss those issues.

Thank you.

I have one of the first demo versions. No Problems.

I'm sure if you asked George Irvine about x-scooter defects he could go on all day long about them.:1poke:

As long as there is a redundant scooter you're okay.

Yup. There are problems on the last batch of X-scooters. (reed switch, etc....) You need to talk with Ben.
He has been nothing short of fantastic helping us out.

We have had our scooters out since fixed and back to normal.

tp

I haven't had any problems with mine.

amascuba:
I'm sure if you asked George Irvine about x-scooter defects he could go on all day long about them.:1poke:
And that if you use one.. you are going to die!

Allright...this is the first time I've said this...smells like a troll.

One post, no info, no replies....hmmm.

If not, may I humbly direct Terry to the Dive Xtras support group where detailed information can be found.

I will say that support from Ben and Andrew has been superb, and far beyond what I'd expect from a manufacturer. Even better than (I would not have though it possible) Ikelite!

All the best, James

Not a troll, sorry I was away after I posted. I have been having pressure cracks in the plastic clutch plate and other plastic areas near the prop. I don't know much about the x-scooter technically and was wondering about this. As far as the superb support, I am not going to get into that. I was mearly wanting to see if any others are having the same problem. The shop I frequent alot wants to sell these, but I am having a hard time morally with all the resistance from dive-x to say something positive to prospectable customers. Thanks fdog for the link but that group is controled and I wanted to see if other people outside the yahoo group had any input.
Terry..

Back
Top Bottom