fuji fine pix f810 zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geordie-dive-pro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have a new fuji fine pix f810 zoom with housing has anyone any tips on getting the best from this camera? my pics seem to be greeny

Are you diving in green water? Do you have an external strobe?

1. Start by setting the white balance manually.
2. Get real close to the subject.

FYI there is a new Magic Filter for green water.

I had an F810 with no strobe for a long while and managed to get pretty good results. I would say use the diffuser card thing for the flash (at least it's a card for the ike housing i don't know about the fuji). Try to get within a foot if you're using the flash to get any details. I always use RAW format so i can set the white balance after the dive. I take a lot of available light pics and use photoshop to set the white balance and strip out some of the green.

Chris

thanks for the advice guys nd gals it might help if i stop being lazy and read the manual lol(does anyone read them)

I have one too.. White balance is the key IMO. I was having the very same problems. Also, as mentioned previously, getting close to the subject helps a bunch as well. If anyone has a F810 they want to get rid of, I am looking for a back up camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom