Omega II / CDX 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Might anyone have handy specification for this set of regulators?

I am specifically interested in rated depth, rated water temperatures with and without environmental kit.

I have already ordered a pair of them for my sidemount setup, because I know nomatter the specifications, they will be within my operating range. I just would like to know the maximum recommended to know my margin of safety.

Thank you
-Scott

Hi Scott,
If you go to Oceanic's web page and go to the manuals section the information can be found there. http://www.oceanicww.com/services_manuals.html. Click on the regulator owner's guide and it will pretty much answer questions on the Omega as well as the other regulators that Ocenianic offers.
Some key points:
Page 2 states that "Oceanic regulators are only CE certified to a maximum operating depth of 50 meters (165 feet)." This is deeper than my maximum operating depth by the way.
Page 5 addresses the temperature issue stating "All Oceanic Regulator First Stages are classified as being suitable for use in waters having Temperatures of 50 degrees F (10 degrees C)." This page also addresses the issue of colder temperatures for which diaphragm style first stages properly fitted with environmental protection kits be used such as their current CDX5 and FDX10.
Hope I helped

Wow.. I feel dumb...

Thank you Roy..

I managed to find the actual service manuals and scoured them for the information.. but I never downloaded the owner's guide... *slaps forehead*

Thanks again,
Scott

ScottB:
Might anyone have handy specification for this set of regulators?

I am specifically interested in rated depth, rated water temperatures with and without environmental kit.

I have already ordered a pair of them for my sidemount setup, because I know nomatter the specifications, they will be within my operating range. I just would like to know the maximum recommended to know my margin of safety.

I don't know what the official version is but I have used the Omega II down to 80, and a little bit, metres (262.5 ft) seamlessly and without any discernible alteration in breathing dynamics. That was in 27C (81F) water (it was also a very bad mistake on my part - I had no intention to go THAT deep). I've also used it in very shallow water at 4C (39F) although rarely with much the same result. Most of my diving is in the 17C to 28C range (62.6F to 82.4F).

Sorry, I've no idea about the other reg.

Cheers, HTH,

Christian

Thanks Roy, you covered it well.

Back
Top Bottom