oceanlog user interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

29South

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i have just purchased a VT3 and i think i will be very happy with it.

I installed the Oceanlog software to see how it looked and, though I have not yet have had the opportunity to dive and download data from the VT3 however the graphical user interface is simple with no color schemes showing for the sample dives.

The review of oceanlog on scuba diving (v2.0.3) showed a graduated blue color scheme in a pop-up window.. am i doing something wrong here?

p.s. My g/f has the scubapro smarttrack software, which has the ability to simultaneously show a buddy's dive alongside your own and was laughing hysterically at me pining for her colorful software.. help me please ..i cant stand it!!!

try switching your windows to "Classic View" as opposed to XP. My computer wouldn't show a lot of information in the profile section when in XP style.

rpm88yb:
try switching your windows to "Classic View" as opposed to XP. My computer wouldn't show a lot of information in the profile section when in XP style.

thanks for the suggestion but there is no change for me. The review on scuba diving showed a pop-up window for a dive profile with a blue graph background. I dont get a pop-up window nor a blue graph background..

I have taken a couple of dives now so will see if downloading real dive data makes a difference, though i doubt it. Shame i didnt get a response, it being a simple enough question.

thanks Doug..

btw, am really happy with the VT3

Doug,
I am trying to progress this issue with you..The oceanlog software shown on your website clearly shows a friendly user interface with a blue background for the dive profile...
The latest download available from the site v2.1.2 has a simple plain white background, far inferior to that shown/advertised on the web.. do you have an update on this?

Hi 29South,

The first time that I read your post I thought that you were referring to an issue that we had where the background behind the text boxes was the same color as the text, not allowing you to see it. That was an issue related to the Windows theme as mentioned earlier, and addressed with one of our earlier patches.

The blue background you are seeing on the web site is an image from a very early version of the software. I am having problems remembering all of the reasons for the change, but primarily was due to many requests to change so that the background color did not print when the graph was printed. I am sure that there are other ways around it, and possibly give you a choice for background colors if you wish. I'll add it to the list.

thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom