Scuba Toys - Where's Larry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been dealing with ScubaToys ever since I got certified last year. Last year it seemed liked Larry was always in the store and on ther board giving great advice and making killer deals. In the last couple of months, I haven't seen him around so much. Definitely not in the store everytime I go in and just rarely on the forum if I look hard. It begs the question:

Where's Larry?

in another thread someone said he was spending more time on the paintball stuff lately.

Aarg and eye Matie... Tis be true.

Not the part about the pirate thing... the paint ball thing.

We were looking for a larger building to move the scuba shop too... not that we had to immediately... just if we found the right deal, and my broker found this big ole' building in Lewisville, about 10 miles up the street. I didn't like if for a retail location, but the property was such a steal, I had to buy it.

So then I'm standing in this 26,000 ft building trying to decide what to do with it... sell it, lease it, and bingo... it hits me it would be a great indoor paintball field. So for the last 4 or 5 months, I've been starting this new business. It's really pretty fun.

I had the president of Aeris / Oceanic down last week, and we spent three hours shooting paintballs at each other, in between talking about the new Atom 2 computer.

It's just about 10 miles up the road from the ScubaToys building, and if you want all the scoop on it... check out http://www.gatsplat.com

But I'm still around... just new ventures suck up must your time... And I hate to admit it, but Joe is doing a much better job at managing ScubaToys than I do! I stopped in yesterday, and the store is clean, the office is organized, there were new displays... no pile of boxes on the floor.... I almost didn't recognize it! :wink:

I think I say it for everyone, good luck Larry, we'll miss you..:wink:

I hope you have some time in between to squeeze a few dives.. :D

So Larry, like you didn't have enough to do already? Inventor, dive shop owner, industry innovator and now ...paintball!!!! I am exhausted just watching you. Good luck with the paintball, not that you will need it. The building looks great, and you will rock it. :peace2: :bang:

those prices kick the pants out of anything in aus,
for 100 paintballs its like $20!!
That's 500% markup on your prices for the punks in aus. Gotta get to the US of A, better scuba gear, better paint ball prices...

parheric:
Gotta get to the US of A, better scuba gear, better paint ball prices...

AND JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU DIVE NORTH TEXAS!!!
:rofl3:

You may want to check on Joe a bit closer. I reported a price of 0.00$ on a OMS IQ I think. I was only going to be billed for shipping. There are a few items with no cost. I have heard of lowering you price but hey.

scubalifer:
You may want to check on Joe a bit closer. I reported a price of 0.00$ on a OMS IQ I think. I was only going to be billed for shipping. There are a few items with no cost. I have heard of lowering you price but hey.

traitor! report such deals to US, not "them" aghhhhh

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom