First pics with my little Reefmaster CL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

balance

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I managed to shoot a few rolls last week. I've posted the 'acceptable' images online. I haven't retouched these, although they have been resized to 800 x 600 to conserve bandwidth.

Please be gentle. This was, in many ways, learning to handle the camera underwater as much as everything else. The visibility at Dutch Springs wasn't great, either, but there's a few good shots in there, I think.

You've done a great job with composition. Your subjects fill the frame. The tricky part is that it looks like you don't have a wide angle lens. So that makes you shoot from further away, increasing the amount of water and particles between you and your subject. I would bet money that if you get the $100 wide angle lens, you will have some show stoppers.

Thank you. A lot of this trip was just getting experience both at the basics of diving and integrating the camera, so good pics were a bonus.

Hopefully before my next trip I can read up and get some good ideas to keep in mind to make the next batch better. This is a low-end camera, but I think it can provide acceptable results, if maybe not something I'd want to use in a publication or fine art context.

I was just happy I didn't go into 'Film costs money' mode and refuse to take pictures.

Beautiful pictures. That looks like a really nice day diving.

TOM

It was a fun couple of days. Not the most exciting stuff, but I'm definitely still a beginner. Thank you all for the kind words.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom