Pics of my Dive trip. Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDL1000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thought I'd post some pics of my dive trip to Key Largo last week. The pics were taken with a cheap 15.99 Walgreens underwater camera so the quality is not perfect. I can't believe the camera handled the 135 FT depth. The pics of the wreck were on the US Coast Guard Cutter Duane. Me and some friends plan to go back early in November.

lobsterdm6.jpg

parrotfishwa5.jpg

turtle1ex3.jpg

turtle2md9.jpg

yellowtailhn1.jpg

angelfishir1.jpg

barracudakf9.jpg

jellyfishpq5.jpg

stonefishws2.jpg

swimthroughfn7.jpg

duanepa3.jpg

duane2im8.jpg

turtle3so7.jpg

grooperif8.jpg

Where were you @ 135' ? The outer reef?

Yes the two wrecks we dove were out past the reef. After Diving the Duane we dove the Spiegel Grove a Navy ship. My max depth on the Duane was 124 ft. My max depth on the Spiegel Grove was 135ft. The Atlantic gets deep quick, the Spiegel grove was just 8 miles offshore.

mulefeathers:
Did the camera have a flash on it?

Yes. Walgreens has two kinds one with flash one without. I had the one with the flash. I have some pics of the Spiegel Grove but they didn't come out very well. The bad side to the cheap camera is the way its made any deeper than 90ft the case starts to crush in and turns on the flash. Here's a few pics of the Spiegel Grove dive with that camera. Visibility was around 50ft that day.

spiegelgrovery4.jpg

spiegelgrove1yq0.jpg

spiegelgrove2ol1.jpg

spiegelgrove3op7.jpg

spiegelgrove4sq0.jpg

Great pics man! Is that you...the big, bald, funny looking guy in the third to last pic??

J/K man!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom